Ballinlough Game Fair

Guest jackpot

Just herd a rumor, don't know if it's true or not, but the boys that usually run Moria and Ballinlough have been told that theyre not running Ballinlough this year. As the two gamefairs are run by the same outfit why has the terrier and lurcer show been ditched? Or if it hasnt been ditched why are the Gilford boys not running it? If it is true the fair organisers need to expllain whats goin on.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went myself to Ballinlough and the terrier / lurcher event was way off to the side - much more than even the clay shooting - looked like they were ashamed. Although I had a good day I pretty much met

I hope some of you can come support our show. It is in the same venue as always. We run this show for the foot pack we hunt. Its a great day out and working dogs is the only objective. We have a great

the gilford club has been running moira from it started in gilford, running first class events for terriers and lurchers, if this is true there not running ballinlouch the organisers of the game fair should be ashamed of them selves, TULLYLISH WORKING TERRIER CLUB

the gilford club has been running moira from it started in gilford, running first class events for terriers and lurchers, if this is true there not running ballinlouch the organisers of the game fair should be ashamed of them selves, TULLYLISH WORKING TERRIER CLUB

i totally agree,the lads have done a great job from the start,if they are not allowed to do the south one then who is and why should be stated by the fair management

YIS tango

Went myself to Ballinlough and the terrier / lurcher event was way off to the side - much more than even the clay shooting - looked like they were ashamed. Although I had a good day I pretty much met all the folk I met the week or two prior at the Weat Meath Show.

You know what? So what? It will only make Kev's West Meath Show all the much better, perhaps open to sponsorship and better attended.

The Game Fair end of things at Ballinlough was pretty poor (bar the inclusion of open clay shooting) - it is no great loss to terrier folk.

You might guess I am looking forward to the West Meath Show :good:

• Like 1

i think the gilford club. Run very good shows but I have often thought that the shows at ballinlough and Birr and florence court should be run by a club from the local area. Terrier and lurcher Shows are always treated as the lesser activity at game fairs the best shows are the independent ones run by three of the posters up the page.

Guest RAB.MCKAY

to be honest i used to enjoy most of the shows but can any one explain why ther getting so deer .

enterance fees?

showing a dog COSTS ?

raceing a dog costs?

why so many classes ?

clearly some r turning in 2 a money racket

have u ever been at a show wher a class is called and the ring is empty , happens every time (more than once .)

shows used 2 be a pound to race or show ur working dog and it was mostly kidds and young teens that enterd.

ANOUTHER THING judges some times pass remark / hes a bad toe / hes tender on that foot.

so wat ther working dogs not ITS NOT CRUFFS. :wallbash:

and the fox class whats that based on the dog whith the mildest complection .

clearly some which are entered havent even seen a foxes tail end .

what are yous doing 2 change this or yous happy sailing along

any wonder these shows r failing for us.

ANOUTHER THING judges some times pass remark / hes a bad toe / hes tender on that foot.

so wat ther working dogs not ITS NOT CRUFFS. :wallbash:

That is what happened to me at Birr, the cheeky judge, even went on to say, my bitch should of been put down at birth....!

It seems, now a days, lurchers and whippets, have to be unfit looking and over weight, in order to win a show.. :hmm:

They are working dogs and should be judged on that....!

As far as terriers and lurchers go the westmeath hunt show was way ahead of ballinlough for the standard of working dogs on show and as for the entrance fee its a joke 15euro for what the stalls were shit,i dont go to many but wont be goin to ballinlough again definitly will the WMHS.

the organizers of ballinlough contacted me well before xmas to see if i wood run the terrier and lurcher show for them this year they said there was nothing wrong with the guilford lads running it they just wanted a local club to help them out i had to refuse them as we are hopin to hold our own show on the 24th of july

im not going to bother much with shows this year, im gonna go to kevins show, might go to another small show but the big gamefairs are such a rip off, and they dont give a shite about anyone other than the shooting and fishing lads, its all a big money making scam.

As far as terriers and lurchers go the westmeath hunt show was way ahead of ballinlough for the standard of working dogs on show and as for the entrance fee its a joke 15euro for what the stalls were shit,i dont go to many but wont be goin to ballinlough again definitly will the WMHS.

Interesting, when is the WMHS on?

Sounds a better show for working dogs. :thumbs:

Interesting, when is the WMHS on?

Sounds a better show for working dogs. :thumbs:

brilliant show it put all the game fairs to shame no frills show all about the working terrrier/lurcher,

kevin em runs it, its on 24th july,

From the shows i've been to i think the ones that are just dog shows were better, its all just about working dogs, no shite and alot less gypos pestering everyone like in birr last year, the westmeath show is great, tullylish is the show i enjoy most though, plus i think its shite most shows down south don't have strong dog classes