pellets

does anybody use AA Diablo Field .22 pellets?

i dont get out with the air rifle much any more as i used to. but when i was out all the time with it (Falcon FN19 .22 single shot) i used Bisley Magnums becuase they were pretty well made suited my air rifle and i got good groupings with them, if i remember rightly i used to pay around £2.00/£2.50 for a tin of 200.

but i tried the AA Diablo Field, and at the time was geting decent groupings with them,and thought they were pretty well made (altough they did crumple alot more on impact than the Magnum's) at the time i think i paid around £5.00 for a tin of 500.

well the other year i bought a tin of AA by that time i paid £10.50 for 500 :icon_eek:

and like i say i jus havent got outwit the gun much and must have used around 100 pellets from the tin. the othe day i was zeroing my scope and wasn't happy with the results after chechking the pellets before i put them in the gun 70% of them where all miss shaped!!

so he price doubled but the quality of the pellets went down hill!, anyone else had this?

(sorry for the essay :tongue2: )

I use AAF's a lot, price has gone through the roof on all pellets.

Personally unless the damage to the skirt is extreme I find that the soft skirt helps when the initial blast of air forces it out into the rifling :yes:

The softer the lead, the more kinetic energy is transferred to the quarry and the more the better if shot placement is not 100% pin point accurate.

Phantom

Edited by Phantom

I use AAF's a lot, price has gone through the roof on all pellets.

Personally unless the damage to the skirt is extreme I find that the soft skirt helps when the initial blast of air forces it out into the rifling :yes:

The softer the lead, the more kinetic energy is transferred to the quarry and the more the better if shot placement is not 100% pin point accurate.

Phantom

i see hat you mean with the skirt but i personally think they are a tad too soft (maybe why i have so many miss shaped ones in the tin??) (i'll add they are miss-shped to the point that they arnt worth using)

they carry a bit too much kinetic energy for my likeing (from my gun) as a lot of shot's travell straight through the quarry having an effect of major "over kill" and i loose a few rabbis from them jumping up and running down the field till the nerves die out,

thats why i opt to use the Bisley's they just drop them on the spot, wih little movement

Edited by bull101
I use AAF's a lot, price has gone through the roof on all pellets.Personally unless the damage to the skirt is extreme I find that the soft skirt helps when the initial blast of air forces it out into the rifling :yes:The softer the lead, the more kinetic energy is transferred to the quarry and the more the better if shot placement is not 100% pin point accurate.Phantom
i see hat you mean with the skirt but i personally think they are a tad too soft (maybe why i have so many miss shaped ones in the tin??) (i'll add they are miss-shped to the point that they arnt worth using)they carry a bit too much kinetic energy for my likeing (from my gun) as a lot of shot's travell straight through the quarry having an effect of major "over kill" and i loose a few rabbis from them jumping up and running down the field till the nerves die out,thats why i opt to use the Bisley's they just drop them on the spot, wih little movement

Hey mate, if over penatration is a problem I would imagine the bis mags will be mutch worse than the aaf in that department,

From what I have seen the bis mags are solid mate.

.atb .ste.

Very odd :hmm:

The Biz Mags are much harder and heavier and because of this tend to drill right through the quarry and not transfering as much KE

I think most of the regs on here will agree with that as most have had exactly that experiance :yes:

Phantom

Ive been on the AA's pellets for my last two outings, and as an avid biz mag user before the AA's i can honestly say theres not much between them (in my rifle anyway) i love the biz mags but i like to keep them for my permissions where the quarry are likely to be closer, to counteract the curved flight path, but accuracy and grouping wise there is very little difference, although i did have about 20/30 damaged pellets in the AA's where as i struggled to fine any damaged with the Biz mags, happy hunting :thumbs:

I'm a pro petsie, we wouldn't trust anything else in our AA S200.

We need to show our customers we are humane and efficient and often the client can shadow you on a job just to get confidence in your ability. So they need to drop first time.

We do look at the quality first before they go in the mag, and we have had some deformed, not many though!

• Like 1

Hey all.

Am I the only one........or does Bull101's Avatar look the spit of our beloved PHANTOM......one of them charicature thingys :laugh::laugh::feck::tongue2:

Bill

PS Luff you Tony :laugh::laugh::bye:

Oiy!!

You wanna slap :hmm:

:feck:

After the news I had today trust me Bill, Im gonna look more like imagesqtbnANd9GcSTU7yxks2rGsFowod_c.jpg

:doh:

We need to show our customers we are humane and efficient and often the client can shadow you on a job just to get confidence in your ability. So they need to drop first time.

We do look at the quality first before they go in the mag, and we have had some deformed, not many though!

SOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo TRUE :yes:

I've had a couple of clients follow/watch me, more to do with the "Will he/ won't he shoot that tiny baby bunny"

"Oh he did :thumbs: and he did it 1st shot as well, good work Sir :victory:"

AA & FX pellets work for me :yes: I was once present when a fellow shooter took 3 Biz mags to drop a 3/4 grown doe (admittedly it was close range and .177 but its true).

Phantom

i must admit PHANTOM my avatar does bear a resemblence :tongue2:

i initially thought that the AA's would not pass through as much as the Biz's (the reason i gave them a try, and the fact i thought id try them for roost shooting. with them been a lighter pellet would be a better choice for shooting up-right, but like i say once they connect with a woodie/pheasant sometimes they give flight an drop a few hundred yards from where they where shot. where as the Biz's drop them straight off their perch.

SOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo TRUE :yes:

I've had a couple of clients follow/watch me, more to do with the "Will he/ won't he shoot that tiny baby bunny"

"Oh he did :thumbs: and he did it 1st shot as well, good work Sir :victory:"

AA & FX pellets work for me :yes: I was once present when a fellow shooter took 3 Biz mags to drop a 3/4 grown doe (admittedly it was close range and .177 but its true).

Phantom

phantom i use bisley mags .177 and it dont matter how close i am.....if i shoot a rabbit in the head its going down

no ifs nor but...its a gonna