A big thank you to Davy and Andy

zini

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi lads,   I just wanted to say a big thank you to Davy (DavyT63) and Andy (Andy&Archie) for giving me one of the best shooting experiences in years yesterday.   Also to the other regulars who

Posted Images

Hi Si.

Brilliant post mate, and great pics too.

What a nice meet and day you all had.....fantastic.

Well done on that 17mm group too.......but its no good at all if you cant hit the bloody targets in the lanes is it, fancy Davy beating you :no::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ATB.

Bill.

We all were beaten by a better man on the day buddy, I cant dispute that fact :no: .

Davy shot really well on Sunday and only missed 5 kill zones out of 30 which is good going.

I thought that i did ok for my second ever attempt though at HFT, I did manage to beat my last PB :yes:

I started off slow, not missing the targets but not hitting many KZ's so only getting 1 pointers instead of 2.

It took me a little time to settle, but I managed to catch up in the later targets hitting a long string of 2 pointers.

Second place with a .22 wasnt so bad really and its wasnt about the winning, more about the crack and fun.

Next time i will have had more time using the rifle and new lighter pellets so hope to beat 48 and get in the 50's to put abit more pressure on Davy ;):laugh:

Si.

Huya Si.

You did very well mate, especialy with the MANS calibre. :thumbs:

For a second time out, thats brilliant shooting.

I was pulling your leg about the 17mm group mate :diablo: :11: , bloody well done :thumbs:

If I could score half of what you guys hit, Id be happy :laugh:

ATB.

Bill.

Hi Bill,

I know you were just having a laugh buddy :thumbs:, just a bit of banter between us.

I might let Ste practice some more before i open my eyes to shoot that bell target :yes: with Davys .22 springer :D

It gets boring shooting with a blind fold on :laugh: .

The best i did on it Davy was 10 shots and 13 hits ;):laugh::toast:

Si

Hi Bill,

I know you were just having a laugh buddy :thumbs:, just a bit of banter between us.

I might let Ste practice some more before i open my eyes to shoot that bell target :yes: with Davys .22 springer :D

It gets boring shooting with a blind fold on :laugh: .

The best i did on it Davy was 10 shots and 13 hits ;):laugh::toast:

Si

:hmm: mmmmmmmmm........nice to see your improving, I suppose you will move back to 20yds soon?? :laugh::thumbs:

im gonna give them a try see if they are any good in the hw100

atb gary

Hi Gary,

If the Falcon Accuracy Plus pellets suit your barrel buddythen they are well worth a try as they are very soft pellets so grip the lans and grooves well flying true and are very light in .22 calibre at only 13.4 grain making for a flatter trajectory in .22.

I did some calibration work with them as well and their BC is the largest I have come across (better than magnums and all the Air Arms and FX) with only a 63 mm drop from a lased 25 metres to a lased 40 metres, making their a staggering BC 0.051

On vermin they are deadly due to the fact that they are very soft lead the skirts really do mould to the sides of the rifling and when they connect with grey matter the skirts turn into a flat circle with a 8 mm diameter making for a lot of damage.

I think that both Andy and Davy were shocked as well as me with what damage they do on rats.

Look at the pictures mate there is a hell of a lot of blood and usually one shot was an instant kill on them rats less for one rat on Sunday that I hit in the top of its neck at the bottom of a bush, and it jumped around before getting stuck in between a folk of a bush by its neck and dying.

Quality pellets

Si

nice one, i were gonna ask what they were likethumbs.gif

Hi Si,

Very nice meeting you again, as everyone has already said its all about the meet and having a crack. I was gutted to have to leave half way through after 15 lanes. :thumbdown: Next time I'll definaely wont be booking anything for the afternoon!

Sounds like you had a cracking time at Andys, great setup he has there and Adele's cooking is the best. Bring on the darts it's time the trophey came back to Swindon!!! :victory:

ATB, Andy

Hi Mark,

How are you buddy?

Good to chat to you on the phone the other day pal.

Mate I was being an idiot when we chatted and my brain wasn’t working fully. I am over in the UK from the 5th August to the 26th of August so will defo be able to come up and stay with you 3 or 4 days before you shoot off on your holidays to Spain buddy.

Hopefully the caravan will be free from the 5th August onwards so we can hammer some of them Newbottle rats again buddy.

Please pass on mine and LJ’s regards to Emma, the girls and of course Owen and your mum pal.

Yep I did have a .177 Ultra buddy, it was really accurate and an ace rifle, but I wanted to go back to shooting a .22 like the r10 is pal.

I was brought up with .22’s mate and just like them, I find the larger surface area of the .22 calibre pellet and the slower velocity a little better for me when shooting rats and pigeons etc in regards to instant kills.

I had a few too many flappers and runners as I like to call them with the faster smaller .177 calibre and for filming a DVD it’s not very good as it’s like you have wounded the quarry when actually the pellet has gone straight through the animal and it dies off camera and out of shot humanely.

The pellets that I was using were something to do with that though I’m sure as they were very hard lead and didn’t deform very well inside the kill zone.

The rifle that I have now mate is the exact same rifle but in .22. I have also found a very good pellet that groups well in it and deforms really well when inside a kill zone. I now use Falcon Accuracy Plus pellets at 13.4 grain. They make a real mess on vermin and definitely give the rats a hard time.

I’ve nothing against a .177 though pal and I found mine to be devastating on rabbits. The rabbits didn’t seem to run off any where, just rats and pigeons really.

When I finish in the army I will be getting a new .177 rifle to start HFT, as I really enjoyed it last weekend and I know LJ will like it too, so it’s something that we can do together as a couple.

I’m not sure what to get yet but I will have a lot of money then to hand so maybe go the whole hog and get a Daystate Air wolf with the computer on (what ever its called) but with the black synthetic stock that they now do instead of the wood stock

I like my rifles to earn their keep and shoot in all places and situations so a nice wooden stock may get damaged easily.

The other rifle that I’m seriously looking at is a .177 Theoben S Type, but I’m not sure yet which will be better for me.

I’m not 100% convinced yet on having a computer inside an air rifle. I will have to read more reviews on it later on before I buy.

Si.

Edited by zini