Night on new permission

Me and tus(steve) from this site went to new permission tonight at local caravan park......we knew they had a bit of a rabbit problem but the extent we needed to determine......we arrived at about 6-6.30pm had a chat with security guards so they got to see our faces and got a understanding of where we would be.....anyway no more than 1 min to our drive onto the site we were seeing rabbits....this was a GOOD SIGN :thumbs: .....we both had a few shots...me more than steve to start with and missed.....i didnt check my effin zero....excitment of new permission got to me and didnt check.....turned out i was firing low and right.....we spent about 20 mins sorting our zero's to between 25-30 yds then we was ready.......the first rabbit followed very quickly by me....only about 15-20 yds and dropped him where he stood.....tus had a pigeon soon after followed by a bug's.....we were not in best of places as the security guards had been trying to do a bit of bug's clearing with substandard rifle over past few days...not once taking thier quarry......this had made them very lamp shy....imagine them poor bug's getting ring stings from cr@ppy rifles and pellets....Also against us was the weather it was bright clear and the air was still.....buggers could hear us comming. Obviously on a new permission you need to get an idea of escape routes and feeding areas...i had been during day but did not really get the layout in my head till this evening......tus started sussing out thier routes quite quickly....turned out there was a few places where they were running through the outer perimeter fence so tus layed up a few snares.........these did not gain us anything but a few were knocked over so runs were in use....anyway next bug's was mine a 20 yarder the shot was not the best shot of the night but that was my own fault trying to hard.......one bug's give tus the run around lol......had him running up and down fence line for 5-10 mins lol(quite funny)....About 20 mins later i took a unbelievable shot.....we did not mesure the distance but it was 3 caravan legnths away with 10 foot inbetween them...and each caravan is 36 feet long....we knew it was over 100 feet.....5 mins later tus took a 35-40 yarder with a cracking shot dropped him where he stood :thumbs: by this time it was after 9pm and we were seeing alot of bug's but they were soooooo lamp shy.....didnt help that security were driving round sute in golf buggy every ten min's using lamps to spot for crooks and scared the already lamp shy bugs run for cover....a few more bugs followed by me and tus to take tally to 7 for night and 1 pigeon...not bad for first night on new permission without a real clue on complete site layout......next time will be alot better.Here is pic of bug's for night.

Very fat and healthy rabbits

PICT1282.jpg

Edited by StevoSmith
  • Like 2

cheers steve for last night i was dreaming of that rabbits that was giving me the run around last night

that shoot was cracking mate in between the caravans

a bit more wind and no moon shine and you will have some large bags of there mate

cheers for last night :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: