An Hour After Work.

Hi Lads,

Managed to wangle an early knock off today (one of the few perks of being self employed!) So I thought I would take a trip out to my newest permission to control a few Feral's I had promised the farmer I would sort out.

Nothing exciting to report really, only one testing shot, a 35 yarder took kneeling. Other than that it was all around my zero and supported. The 35 yarder was taken with the farmer watching over my shoulder so the pressure was on!! Luckily the Tench Tuned R10 performed faultlessly delivering the Webley Mossie straight to the swede of the pigeon :laugh:

Managed to bag 5 for now. Couldnt retrieve one as it was stuck on the barn roof.

With the farmer suitably impressed, he informed me of the hot-spots for bunnies, so a trip out bunny bashing in the not so distant future I reckon :thumbs:

PICT0544.jpg

PICT0543.jpg

Kind Regards,

Mikey.

• Like 1

Cheers lads, it was nice to get out!

Posted Today, 05:04 PM

Nice one mikey, good on you for showing the farmer your skills, thats the way to keep them sweet, dont they just hate them pesky ferrals lol

.atb. .ste

Hi Ste, Yeah It was nice to show him that the air rifle can do the job around the yard, without trashing the roofs etc.

Next time Im up there will get a few pics of the permission to show you all. Its a cracker.

Mikey

Edited by mikeyblue

Hi Mikey,

Good to see you out and about buddy with the r10.

Cracking photos there buddy and a good job done there for the farmer.

Can I ask a favour please buddy?

Do you mind if I copy your photos and use them on the new DVD buddy?

I like the pictures and how you have laid things out, plus the quality of them etc.

So what do you reckon now that Simon Howarth has tweaked your rifle Mikey?

Did you get the full tune, cocking action tweaked and smoothed out and regulator tweak from 50 bar to 90 bar etc?

I found that it makes a big difference in the rifle buddy and the consistency between shots now is awesome making it as accurate as you will ever need, plus you get more shots some how, so how does that work???? Baffles me, the man is a genius.

He as also now fitted a .22 calibre BSA Ultra barrel to mine mate and adjusted the power etc to match the new barrel length.

He run it on his Skan chrono and its doing something like 11.79-ish (I cant quiet remember) with 16 grain ammo, so hits bloody hard.

The rifle is now lovely and compact even with the Twink fitted.

Si.

Hi Si,

Feel free to use the pics mate. I can send you the originals for better quality if you like, I still have your e-mail I think from a couple of others I sent across.

Mate, the R10 is awesome now its been tweaked. Like you say the reg is now at 90bar giving a better pellet seal in the breach, and more shots per fill. The transfer port was also machined out so it sits perfectly flush giving better consistency. it was all done in front of my eyes, the man is a genius!!

Its an absolute pleasure to shoot mate as you probably know having one yourself!

Will send them pics across shortly buddy.

Kind regards,

Mikey.