most money been betted

Was at Gretna years ago, my dog was sitting off the front, when we noticed all dogs in the race came from the same town, we knew the owners well, had a word and stopped all dogs bar mine, he won out the park, wee Robley who run it at the time was flaming, after that he never had all dogs from the one place in a race.

Happy memories,

Flapping tracks were full of skulduggery, and characters.

had 3 of my dogs in the same final one night at coatbridge lol that was a good turn.got a trophy and my dad handed the trophy to some wee kid that was standing there.

"cant eat f*****g trophys" was what he said lol

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

iv never betted on a dog and not intrested in betting just the sport but there are people who make big bets on dogs just woundering whats the biggest bet made know to lurcher or greyhound races on fie

topic been pulled starting to get intresting about the bet anyways what the most money ever been betted on a running dog just out off intrests in and out the country

proberbly didnt get his giro that week haha lol

A few years ago i travelled down to Romford with a mate who was a big well known gambler in the Mids , hes now warned off all racecourses due to his debts , he had the fav in the Champion Stakes ,which he both owned and trained , and later sold for £30k , between Wolves and Romford we stopped at every services with a bookies and he arrived at Romford over £20k down , the dog won , even with the £10k prize money and a winning bet he still went home losing !!!

I've never seen a services with a bookies shop! Do they exist or have I lived a sheltered services life?

Yes mate i used to be able to name them !! Hilton M6 , M1 just past junc 25 , Watford Gap etc !

You must have run Gretna then,Scothunter, I knew Alf Pennycook he always had good Dogs.

Alf was a true gent and yes he had some cracking dogs, I wonder if he ever regretted selling some picture?

He did get a good price, but I heard he regretted it.

First got to know him, when he did Lazer treatment on my Whippet X Grey, and yes he was a Gentleman.

I heard he got 12k for him.:hmm:

Did you run dogs at Gretna regular? I ran them there from the late '80's up untill a couple of years ago.

A few years ago i travelled down to Romford with a mate who was a big well known gambler in the Mids , hes now warned off all racecourses due to his debts , he had the fav in the Champion Stakes ,which he both owned and trained , and later sold for £30k , between Wolves and Romford we stopped at every services with a bookies and he arrived at Romford over £20k down , the dog won , even with the £10k prize money and a winning bet he still went home losing !!!

I've never seen a services with a bookies shop! Do they exist or have I lived a sheltered services life?

Yes mate i used to be able to name them !! Hilton M6 , M1 just past junc 25 , Watford Gap etc !

Well they say you learn something new every day!

I peraded thornton always had the best dogs on the track my grandad was a well known man used to pay alot of money for a dog and when it was trying it would be the norm for grands to go over the books he had the 1977 mrs dowie trophie winner river a wee blue bitch. Most i knew about was a brindle and white bitch wee had over to do a job she done the clock three times stopped before she finaly qualified at 1660 (stopped) she won her first 3 races stopped and we got trap 1 scr with track record holder out trap 2 think we got 3-1 and 6-2 across the boards she think she was giving 2yrds to trap 6 she was coming of the second bend as the others were just by the 1st won about 6 lengths on a 1598 i was told they had 5k spred over about 7 books a think at the time needles to sayn she was away back 2 days later. The games not the same now books are scarce as are real dog men that know how to do a job those days were the best days ill probably ever have. Mind i got my end kicked with my first dog as we were holding him back for a bet n me granda was in ireland we there were 2 of the back and the rest of 3yds he was in trap 4 bloody thing broke 1600 took about 6 months for the poor old dog to get placed after that

Were you formerly known as Kreet by any chance.:hmm:

"we got 3-1 and 6-2 across the boards" wtf.:o:laugh:

th_ourginny082.jpg

Bought this young bitch from Perry Bar sales, she got the f..k knocked out of her from start to finish in her trial, but still tried her heart out,only me and anothe bloke bid on her, got for a song :thumbs:

She was only a small bitch, but built like a brick shit house weighing 52lb

I made the bookies cry this night :cry::clapper:

Click on picture to see video.

ps I'm not as daft as I look ;)

Edited by sowhat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz0Utl30A0U&feature=related

always said this dog was jinky,but what a f*****g dog it was.in spite its fault.

Could be a proper crank at times & i saw him jack a race at Catford in the Boxing Day Marathon. Amazing dog when he wanted to run, theres been nothing quite like him since.

totally agree mate :thumbs: that dog was a freak of nature 100% unique.

25 years ago bet my car with a mate after arguing who had the fastest lurcher oh to be young and stupid again lol.serious mine was a lada est and he didnt want to bet me because of it and heres the best his was a three wheeler robin reliant van .we didnt speak for years over it and he got killed in the three wheeler going to a lurcher show r.i.p gwyn

th_ourginny082.jpg

Bought this young bitch from Perry Bar sales, she got the f..k knocked out of her from start to finish in her trial, but still tried her heart out,only me and anothe bloke bid on her, got for a song :thumbs:

She was only a small bitch, but built like a brick shit house weighing 52lb

I made the bookies cry this night :cry::clapper:

Click on picture to see video.

ps I'm not as daft as I look ;)

:thumbs: you certainly are not lol

You must have run Gretna then,Scothunter, I knew Alf Pennycook he always had good Dogs.

Alf was a true gent and yes he had some cracking dogs, I wonder if he ever regretted selling some picture?

He did get a good price, but I heard he regretted it.

First got to know him, when he did Lazer treatment on my Whippet X Grey, and yes he was a Gentleman.

I heard he got 12k for him.:hmm:

Did you run dogs at Gretna regular? I ran them there from the late '80's up untill a couple of years ago.

I heard he was offered 12k but turned it down then was offered 17 and sold it, only what I was told, don't know if its true.

Edited by Country Joe

my mates lass trains for calvets i think from houghton near sunderland they make fortune on dogs one there son was taking willaim hill to court for million quid if i think wright dont know them just what i heard

He was trying to get back the near two million he had lost with them. He got involved in all kinds of shit due to being a compulsive gambler.

that's some money did't know that much you could retire on that no need to gamble he went to jail though for summit look were gambling gets you you either make it or break it

• Like 1