Help my ferret cant walk

eyup lads, went into one of my cages today and it has 3 ferrets in, 2 got straight up and were their normal selves, one however just kept laying there and was trying to get up but just kept falling down, hes only about 7 months old so hes last years stock, any ideas what this could be?

cheers

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure where you are but if you need a kit for next year leave me your details and if some way you can get to north notts I'll sort one out for you.   I don't normally give them away, but I w

to much f*****g about and asking questions for my liking,you should have gone straight to the vet or put it down, f**k all the its this its that its the other you just prolonged the inevitable if you

While I agree that a vet should always be a valid option and a high priority in the case of any ill animal, you only have to look at what this lad posted a few pages back about his vet telling him 'fe

eyup lads, went into one of my cages today and it has 3 ferrets in, 2 got straight up and were their normal selves, one however just kept laying there and was trying to get up but just kept falling down, hes only about 7 months old so hes last years stock, any ideas what this could be?

cheers

had it happen when i was a lad,both ferrets seemed paralysed from the waist down and they certainly never fell from anything needless to say they were both dead that night,never seen it since but heard over the years it may have been something like distemper over 35 years ago now so will never know for sure,get them to the vet mate you know it makes sense :thumbs:

cheers

What have you been feeding them fella? That is a classic sign of botulism.

shove a pencil up his ass that will wake him up abit :thumbs:

With remarks like that i doubt whether you will stay on here for long !! What brain cell woke up to make a comment like that?

dunno if its any help but how bout that stuff people make called duk soup?..people sometimes on other forums i seen give that to em it perks em up ,,but im not veryexperienced at ferrets only having had them a year or so,,,,please correct me if im wrong someone,,perhaps its something more serious...but as for saying stick a pencil up its arse..wat a fukin wanker,,what kind of c u n t would say that? we are talking about a serious case maybe fatal,,dont need comments like that on here,,,ps good luck with the poor fert mate,,,,,lets hope it recovers and the outcome is good this time tomorow,,,,im sure all are keeping their fingers etc crossed for you.atb

Edited by dave1600d