smk surprise

hello to all....i am going to be brave and write about my new smk synsg (synthetic 208), i know alot of people on here and on other sites have really knocked the smk rifles but i have been out with this gun twice now and have produced head shot after head shot on rabbits out to 35 yards and am very impressed with the gun. I also have more expensive gives including a tx200hc and bsa hornet so got this gun cheap as a bad weather gun but its really tuck me by surprise i think more people need to try smk rifles before they judge them. Any one else a fan of the smk range?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I missed that little gem of insite from you first time round, Mole.   You really are a first class twat.

theres nothing wroung with the smk's own range of rifles for the money they cost there spot on.

what i tend to find is people read the reviews of the b2 and db4 (witch are not made for smk just imported by them) and then tar the rest of the smk range with the same brush.

most of these pople are arm chair hunters and have never taken the time to go out and shoot or have a looksy at the internals of the other guns such as the new synthetic range model 19 ect.

you will find that quite a few of us on hear have smk springers and as you have found get good results with them.

dont let others get you down.

all the best and happy hunting with your new gun.

ps get a few hundred pellets through it and it will be even better. ow and some small felt pads(get them from wilkcos.) to put between the action and the stock will reduice the noise very slightly.

Andy

ps. welcome to the forum.

Edited by rossy08

My wife shot herself up the backside with a Westlake .22 rifle, we were plinking in the back yard, she missed the target, riccochet off the fence behind the target 20 feet from the firing psoition, riccochet off the fence (2 feet diagonally from the first riccochet), riccochet off the fence 25 feet from the second riccochet, then third riccochet off the wall of our bungalow and direct strike on right buttock. Left a lovely bruise about 5 inches across.

I was so concerned I fell to the floor, rolling in surprise! Well that is what I told her anyway!

It has not put her off though, she now has a Gamo 400, I have a Hatsan 60S, she is trading hers in for a Diana 280, I am getting a Webley Stingray, both are 177! Be prepared to be surprised by the power and accuracy of some of the Chinese guns!

Edited by secretagentmole

I'd like to try some of these newer SMKs myself just to see what they're like.

Like many others, the only dealings I've had is with B2s and the like, I'm fixing up a B2 right now for a friends son and it'll be interesting to see what it's like once the rough edges have been smoothed off, a decent spring fitted and properly lubed :hmm::D

Cheers.

Got back into rifle shooting with a model 19.

First bunnies taken with it :gunsmilie:So wont be selling even if I never use it again (got lazy with PCP's because my permissions demand virtual silence, especially when planting people).

Phantom

Well I have very fond memories of my little B2 Westlake. Still got one of the little Westlake pistols we use for dispatching rats we catch (live on field edges so the swines keep coming back). For the money they are great guns, more accurate and powerful than BB guns, it also is fairly accurate, once you get used to it. A great little rifle for peanuts. The sport you can have with that more than makes up for the cost! You know it is not goign to be as accurate as a Theoben or Daystate, but if you can get over that hang up and learn how the gun handles you should be able to have fun. It might make you a bit of a better shooter as well, as you learn how to compensate. The mid priced SMK guns I have no experience of but the little B2 gave me hours of fun!

First bunnies taken with it :gunsmilie:So wont be selling even if I never use it again (got lazy with PCP's because my permissions demand virtual silence, especially when planting people).

Phantom

Planting people? How deep do you set them?

Phantom

Six feet down. He shoots in a cemetery :thumbs:

Phantom

Six feet down. He shoots in a cemetery :thumbs:

I thought as much but you never know, one bloke went into chicken farming round here, set the eggs at six inches deep...