parson type russels in ireland

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is an interesting thread. At least no mad personal issues being thrashed out in public so far. I have quoted this post simply because it has to be one of the easiest questions to answer ever to h

found some pics      

i wasnt in the best mood when i wrote that, it is true to a larger extent than most will admit, (or turn a blind eye to) there are plenty of good breeders out there, if i was buying a pup id want refe

Posted Images

The Dooners do indeed hunt their terriers,and i know that they hunt with them in England, but i could not tell you where at or with who and they are indeed better known as a show kennel. My terriers are of the jappatin bloodline but i only do a wee bit of ratting sometimes, ( to old,to fat and the knees have gone !)the dogs they breed are smaller neater type than the normal leggy shit you see in the kc show ring,

i used to have one of the leggy shit ones. worked well he did. 15 inches tts :thumbs:

The Dooners do indeed hunt their terriers,and i know that they hunt with them in England, but i could not tell you where at or with who and they are indeed better known as a show kennel. My terriers are of the jappatin bloodline but i only do a wee bit of ratting sometimes, ( to old,to fat and the knees have gone !)the dogs they breed are smaller neater type than the normal leggy shit you see in the kc show ring,

i used to have one of the leggy shit ones. worked well he did. 15 inches tts :thumbs:

The show standard for parson russell terriers is 14ins tts, most of them look more around 17-18ins tts and very long.

The show standard for parson russell terriers is 14ins tts, most of them look more around 17-18ins tts and very long.

i thought it was the 3,,,14's

ttW, span and the back ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

To be fair you dont see that many at 17-18ins but a lot of them are over 14. Wouldn't say jappatin dogs are any shorter coupled than most parsons either. Why would they take their dogs to England to hunt with them when they could do it in Ireland? Are you talking ratting, rabbiting or proper work?

To be fair you dont see that many at 17-18ins but a lot of them are over 14. Wouldn't say jappatin dogs are any shorter coupled than most parsons either. Why would they take their dogs to England to hunt with them when they could do it in Ireland? Are you talking ratting, rabbiting or proper work?

Bright metal work and the old Red R

there are NO parson kennels that are winning at KC and working their dogs properly. there is the odd KC dog that works well.there is no terrier man whom consistently tests full kc parsons to a high standard that doesn't feel the need to have other breed of terriers in their kennels, be it blacks,reds, borders or mongrel russells.No kennels mentioned here or ones you hear of work their dogs constantly and to a standard that would warrant breeding off to call workers.

dee i told you they arent digging dogs they are rabbit dogs and that was from the man himself at a gamefair last year,and the dog in finland is a show dog.no offence intended as i dont care either way and if the odd one gets to grips then good stuff,yis kegs from the bogs

dee i told you they arent digging dogs they are rabbit dogs and that was from the man himself at a gamefair last year,and the dog in finland is a show dog.no offence intended as i dont care either way and if the odd one gets to grips then good stuff,yis kegs from the bogs

must get a dig out fatpat as im old fat and have one bad knee,i reckon we could get them dogs tried rightly,do ya be south much with the dogs

found some pics :thumbs:

post-2078-0-07386100-1295187227_thumb.jpg

post-2078-0-16285700-1295187371_thumb.jpg

post-2078-0-12714300-1295187410_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

must get a dig out fatpat as im old fat and have one bad knee,i reckon we could get them dogs tried rightly,do ya be south much with the dogs

I dont drive myself mate so was depending on others,i more or less just get in the way now so dont bother much kegs mate,i was going to get into kc showing, thats why i got the parsons but found it very boring to be honest.