ferretting advice needed

went out on sunday on some new permission with a lad i know who's got ferrets as the landowner wants them sorting.loads of rabbits only problem was we never got any :wallbash: .to be honest i don't know what i'm doing and i don't think he knew much more but we did'nt even bolt a rabbit and there's loads there.

any ideas what we were doing wrong?

we were using two jills and nets if that helps :whistling:

Aye check it with a lamp is your best option to see what is on the ground and where there coming from . Also going at differnt times helps . Shit round holes counts for nothing as you found out .One good thing if the rabbits are coming in from eslewhere try knocking on there door and saying im doing the rabbits for so and so but the rabbits are coming from your wood Ect can i ferret them .The amount of times thats got me more ground is unreal.

went out on sunday on some new permission with a lad i know who's got ferrets as the landowner wants them sorting.loads of rabbits only problem was we never got any :wallbash: .to be honest i don't know what i'm doing and i don't think he knew much more but we did'nt even bolt a rabbit and there's loads there.

TBH pegleg you've answered your own question :whistling: you and your mate did nt know what you were doing and the 2 jills more than likely did nt either, SORRY if thats come across as a bit harsh but thats how it reads to myself

Good Luck

Y.I.S Leeview

this is my first season ferreting too and the first couple of times out we bolted nowt but now being a lot quieter around the warren and down wind etc starting to get a few i suppose experiance counts for a lot and us newbies learn summat every time we go out keep at it mate atb

TBH pegleg you've answered your own question :whistling: you and your mate did nt know what you were doing and the 2 jills more than likely did nt either, SORRY if thats come across as a bit harsh but thats how it reads to myself

Good Luck

Y.I.S Leeview

don't worry about being harsh mate,i don't know so i'm asking.if you don't ask you won't learn :thumbs:

so has anyone got any pointers/tips for next time?

Good Luck

Y.I.S Leeview

don't worry about being harsh mate,i don't know so i'm asking.if you don't ask you won't learn :thumbs:

so has anyone got any pointers/tips for next time?

This is not me trying to nab permission but take someone who is expereinced?

I have my own shoot so plenty of land to go out but will help you out if you want the help? Have four ferrets about 100 nets and all the equipment and i am from notts.

Drop me a private message if you are interested and i will see if i can help you out.

Liam

that's a hard question to answer without being there to see what you are/aren't doing,the best advice is go with someone experienced and watch and ask questions about everything,you will get loads of help with anything more specific on here but your query was a bit too broad!good luck with it and let us know how it goes.

unexperienced ferrets, being too noisy while netting up ands wind could all be reasons why the rabbits aint bolting.. but its soundso me as though they might not have been rabbits in the holes you worked keep giving it a crack though :thumbs:

Edited by proper22