Staffords

Personally I think no matter what you intend to do with your dog be it sport/hunting etc etc it should be bred how they were intended out of parents that have been tested if possible that display the original traits the dogs were bred for.

Not for fecking show titles!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess when you have driven a ferrari a cortina dont quite cut it ...in fairness,im sure theres some good little staffs out there.....ive just never seen one personally,though their owners would ha

You see this is where conversations such as these are probably not for internet forums......i mean lets have it right...awesome at what ?.....a lot to offer in what ?.....tenacity at what ? gripping a

i keep sbt, one of whom i did attend alot of athletic type shows with from 1.5-2.5 years old, and yes i did condition the knackers off him to get a rosette lol,one of the best bits of advise i was giv

(mainly from the old pitbull folk).

I guess when you have driven a ferrari a cortina dont quite cut it :D ...in fairness,im sure theres some good little staffs out there.....ive just never seen one personally,though their owners would have you think their mustard.....

What really grates on me is these staffs that are bred for " longer legs " :doh: to be " more athletic "......then they are put in super duper fit condition to stand in a show ring at an athletic dogs show and get a rossette....no different to the little fatties at crufts !

Just like the apbt these days mate,95% of staffs are good for nothing......just the 5% of good apbt,s are a hell of a lot more dog than the 5% of good staffs.

Tha APBT is by far the greatest Gladiator of its time, but the Stafford in its own right is an athlete with tennacity, and bred the way they should be surely they have a lot to offer?

I suppose its fair to say that good staffs arnt that easy found today (and i have searched high and low.

But when you do get them right, i think there an awsome dog

How do you know the apbt is the greatest gladiator of its time?Are you speaking from experience or just makeing it up as you go along.?Going by your posts on this thread I think you are full of shite about Staffs and apbt.Was going to stay out of this thread but could not listen to any more shite.I and others have seen plenty of game staffs put apbt in there place many years ago.Most apbt that i seen over here were nothing special but the staffs we were breeding were game to a fault and backed down from nothing whether it was up a shore or on the sod.And yes they are still been bred the reason you cant find them is they are not giveing to KNOW IT ALLS Who talk the talk.

• Like 1

Im speaking from history, as ive stated plenty of times im not into dog fighting, in fact i see no place for that type of sport in this day and age, you didnt need to keep reading the f*****g thread if it bothered you.

In fact what the fucks wrong with some people?? chill out FFS.

Your speaking from History .So you have no idea what you are talking about you have been reading a little bit on the subject and that entitles you to give your expert opinion on staffs and apbt..The thread did not bother me the bullshit did. Go back to hunting rats with your GAME dogs and leave the real game dogs to people who have talked the talk.

if you want to know if your dog is built right, put him to work, if he can perform well at his task the he's made right, "form follows function" if you will. i agree with the man above regards breeding for athletic LOOKING animals, i see no difference in a man who strives for a 19/20in dog, from the k.c. breeder whom they seem to dispise so much. if the sire/dam have proved themselve where it counts, then as i said before, they are built right. Now regards working staffs, and i mean WORK. i've seen some good uns with my own eyes, but the problem, I.M.O. lies in consistantly reproducing the same. their american cousins on the other hand have a better working gene pool, and just perform better at the task for which they were bred (on the whole). Now every cripple has his way of walking, but if you are serious about your game, then you turn up with the best equipment, i would'nt turn up at aintree astride a donkey and expect to win the national...

Yokel

Maybe if less people had your attitude Yokel then maybe the Stafford wouldnt be in the state as a working animal it is today...dumping the breed to jump into what they thought was the next best thing to come along...theres been plenty that paid Good money for american 'Donkeys' just becuase they had a pretty pedigree on..."Now as regards working staffs, and i mean Work"...well they shouldnt be discussed on an open forum certainly not one of the most watched filled with dodgy shady characters...just my opinion :thumbs:

Not an attitude, meerly an opinion, hence I.M.O...i have in the past kept both, sometimes kennelled side by side, so hardly dropping one for the other. i can appreciated a game dog regardless of what side of the pond he came from. But again, I.M.O. the percentages speak for themselves...A.T.B...

yokel

Im speaking from history, as ive stated plenty of times im not into dog fighting, in fact i see no place for that type of sport in this day and age, you didnt need to keep reading the f*****g thread if it bothered you.

In fact what the fucks wrong with some people?? chill out FFS.

Your speaking from History .So you have no idea what you are talking about you have been reading a little bit on the subject and that entitles you to give your expert opinion on staffs and apbt..The thread did not bother me the bullshit did. Go back to hunting rats with your GAME dogs and leave the real game dogs to people who have talked the talk.

Ok game dog man!! i wont upset you anymore as your probably realy hard as well, with ya game dogs an all that.

You come on here knocking staffs as second rate dogs when you know nothing about them.Is sarcasm the only answer you have to the truth about these fearless little dogs?

• Like 1

Borrowed a staff (pet from a long line of show/pet) for the last dig of 2010, his first time at the job and he done what we wanted. Would have been nice to have taken him the other day (first dig of 2011) as the he would have had to have worked a bit harder.

This gets me thinking the traditional job of a staff is different to that of a bulldog, 1 in the tube and the other in the square.

i agree [bANNED TEXT].i bought my misses a staff for xmas 3 year ago.turned out 2b a handy tool at end of digs..she goes mad [bANNED TEXT] we take him out lol.atb chad1

Ive had a couple of staffords over the years and apbt and ive seen a couple of other staffords work the 2 i had were ok little dogs nothing spectacular they were no where near as good as the apbt i owned he was alot better dog at his job, but i wouldnt write staffords of ive seen some right little tools and were as good as any apbt ive seen sadly i never owned them :laugh:, i would also like to point out the best staffords i saw work to a high standard were of irish import or origin stock the 2 i owned and worked were english stock and did come from working stock but were no where near as good as the irish stuff i saw in action :thumbs:

regards hedz

if you want to know if your dog is built right, put him to work, if he can perform well at his task the he's made right, "form follows function" if you will. i agree with the man above regards breeding for athletic LOOKING animals, i see no difference in a man who strives for a 19/20in dog, from the k.c. breeder whom they seem to dispise so much. if the sire/dam have proved themselve where it counts, then as i said before, they are built right. Now regards working staffs, and i mean WORK. i've seen some good uns with my own eyes, but the problem, I.M.O. lies in consistantly reproducing the same. their american cousins on the other hand have a better working gene pool, and just perform better at the task for which they were bred (on the whole). Now every cripple has his way of walking, but if you are serious about your game, then you turn up with the best equipment, i would'nt turn up at aintree astride a donkey and expect to win the national...

Yokel

Very good post i totally agree :thumbs: ....i believe the reason the apbt " can " consistently produce high quality dogs and the stafford cant is the foundations of the apbt are largely based on true genuine high quality dogs bred best to best with enough knowledge of correct breeding principals to keep it going.Whereas these working staffords are based predominantly on lies and bullshit.....a house is only as strong as the foundations that support it and all that.

As for the longer legged " athletic looking " staffords folk seem so keen on....thats absolutely right its no different at all to kc breeders aiming to produce their coffee table types......same aims different fashion thats all.

another quote i agree with you 100 % thumbs.gif

Cheers lads, Gnash/yokul, you have the same opinion, i do see where you are coming from, it seems the stafford will always live in the shadows of the Gladiator, albeit they could never compete against each other in the same comp but they are cousins so in different circumstances they could show the same traits (gameness)

It would be nice to see more staffs out in the field, as said they can be quite under estimated.

ATB D

Is this not knocking the staff in favour of the apbt.How do you know they could never compete against each other.Give some facts instead of imagination.How do you know they could show the same traits(gameness).How do you know they can be quiet under estimated?Insulting me is not giveing a very constructive answer.If these are your opinions are people not allowed to question how you came to these conclusions.And my name is not Dick.

• Like 1

Another thread spoiled by argumentative c**ts, why come on here rfor a row, why not just say, well thats your opinion, instead ov slating each others dogs, give it a few days of this arguing and yet another satfford thread will be pulled, any wonder they wont give us a bull section??

Another thread spoiled by argumentative c**ts, why come on here rfor a row, why not just say, well thats your opinion, instead ov slating each others dogs, give it a few days of this arguing and yet another satfford thread will be pulled, any wonder they wont give us a bull section??

Aces, sacs,ikc all bull fourums

Edited by christian71

My appolagies :icon_redface: