BIGGEST EVER FOX !!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A BIG OLD DOG FOX I HAD A DIG ONTO A FEW MONTHS AGO.

Ive never actualy weighed one i always thought weighing a catch was for fishermen think i best pop some scales in the truck from now on

this was 25 1/2 dog fox .......so just average size for well feed dog fox imoa

Posted Images

When the Guinness book of records did have the balls to have a chapter on fieldsports the world record for a fox was 28lbs. Shot in Gloustershire, I think but I could be wrong.

I used to weight a lot of the foxes I caught. Last year I snared a problem fox who looked like a monster. I weighed him. 18 and a half pounds. Not as big as he looked.

had them much bigger,seen bigger on here

Don't get me wrong I've had bigger than the 18lber. I weighed him because he looked so big. I once had 3 in a hole. 2 dogs @ 21 lbs each and a 18 lb vixen. 3 big foxes in the same earth.

But as far as monsters go ?? I think 30 pounders most times can be taken with a big pinch of salt. I think the average dog fox is around the 15 or 16 lb mark with vixens a pound or two lighter. That's according to our scientific friends.

So IMO guessing weights can be weight of the mark.

As for weighting being only for anglers, otter hunters regularly used to weight their tally after a successful hunt in the good old days. I'd say the reason foxes weren't weighted after a hunt is obvious.

Don't get me wrong I've had bigger than the 18lber. I weighed him because he looked so big. I once had 3 in a hole. 2 dogs @ 21 lbs each and a 18 lb vixen. 3 big foxes in the same earth.

But as far as monsters go ?? I think 30 pounders most times can be taken with a big pinch of salt. I think the average dog fox is around the 15 or 16 lb mark with vixens a pound or two lighter. That's according to our scientific friends.

As for weighting being only for anglers, otter hunters regularly used to weight their tally after a successful hunt in the good old days. I'd say the reason foxes weren't weighted after a hunt is obvious.

Yeah but thats weighted after hunting with hounds not dug to with terriers is it and why was it that it was done with otters when they were hunted in a similar fashion ie hounds and terrier ??

Our hunt had a 30lbdog fox about 5-6 years ago.. sent the mask off to be mounted and is on the wall of a friends house...it weighed 30lb the day after it was shot..and wa only weighed as it was in my mates garage and the salmon scales were close on hand.... but we have had a few big ones off the mountains.. also had a few dwalf looking ones..stubby body.. tiny stump legs...it was reported in the edrd and the month after a 31lb dog fox was also reported.. alot look very big though till you actually get your hands on them...

Yeah but thats weighted after hunting with hounds not dug to with terriers is it and why was it that it was done with otters when they were hunted in a similar fashion ie hounds and terrier ??

Well, that's quiet an easy question for a hunting man to answer, so you tell me.