Fox is a nuisance,

Any way to get rid of a Fox which has been taking the chickens?

He killed one stone dead and ate the leg of another, she was hoping around this morning,(bast@rd fox)

its getting under the run and helping him self, the run is going to be moved onto a paved area very soon but i reckon Mr fox will be Back :gunsmilie: he has been spotted but is very shy

can a fox be poisoned or will it need trapping or something?

Thanks to any one with time for advise. :thumbs:

Being called Lurcher123 I would have thought you could have used the dog to guard the chickens? :whistling:

You would think so en it, lol, the dog can not have the run of garden all the time and I'm sure the clever fox will not enter property if the dogs out any way, ill try looking into snaring as someone sugested,

As said, snare, live trap and shoot, HMR or .22lr at close range, shotgun with heavy load up to 40 yds. POISON is a VERY BIG NO. Illegal to start with, and you can't guarantee that only Charley will take it.

Glad we asked before trying poison!

i hope to try a snare but don't no how to make one? any ideas?

Thank you

As said, snare, live trap and shoot, HMR or .22lr at close range, shotgun with heavy load up to 40 yds. POISON is a VERY BIG NO. Illegal to start with, and you can't guarantee that only Charley will take it.

Thank you

Buy one

Thank you

Buy one

I will buy one but until i get chance perhaps one could be made which might do the job to get this Fox that's doing the damage, had no probs before now ! (not sure how to make one or how to set one, ill prob check it out on youtu*e if no one here knows how)

thanks

Mate, say your location and someone will take care of it for you im sure.

I know I will if your close enough.

.atb. .ste.

Thanks for the offer but hope to deal with it soon if i get a snare or live trap,

if i have no luck ill send pm as to were i am, 60-70 mile from gloucester though,

Thanks again

have you seen this fox for your self noemally a fox will kill every thing and leave it then just come back and help its self sound more like a cat to me atb any way hope you get what ever is taking your chickens

This is very true, you would usualy see a masacre in a chicken pen, foxes dont just take one for the pot normaly.

And remember with a live trap you still have to have a legal means of dispatch. (To make sure your coverd) we all kno what happend to that guy that drowned a squirell.

.atb. .ste.