any tips on spotting hares

i see a lot of hares but i seem to see them to late.just want to no if there is some advise on spotting them quicker.

SWAROVSKI BINOCULARS ARE A GREAT HELP, THE PRICE OF THEM HOWEVER AINT CHEAP :thumbs:

Do you think they are worth the extra optimus? do you use a pair of swarovski's yourself?ive always fancied a pair of swarov's i use vortex crossfires swarovski lookalikes!!!!! :thumbs:

DEFO IF U CAN AFFORD THEM THAT IS & THE CURRENT EXCHANGE RATE DOES NOT HELP IM AFRAID, BUT MANY DEERSTALKERS ETC ARE FEELING THE FINANCIAL PINCH ALSO,SO IF YOUR FRIENDLY WITH YOUR LOCAL GUNSMITH ETC, U MAY PICK UP A PAIR AT A DECENT PRICE????. I WAS NEVER A FAN OF BINOCULARS TILL I USED THEM. THE CLARITY IS SUPERB :thumbs:

lamping will give you an idea what fields the hares are using but not an accurate guide if theres woodland etc nearby theres a good chance the hares will be in there during the daytime and feed in the field at night. If your walking likely fields, especially stubbles, look for the small mound of earth where the hares have made a deep bed, they will lie in the shallow part and the soil is sometimes kicked up in a pile behind them. If you have walked a field a few times you will get to know where the beds are, and you can walk the field accordingly :thumbs:

have many people on here realy ever gone coursing?

1.its best to get three of you at least if you can but sometimes when i was getting a dog fit id go on my own.

2. stand in a line so your close enougth to take runs on the hares that rise between each other say 20 to 30 meters apart.

3. look to the horizon first for any bumps or lumps of hare size. what your after is the shape of the hare or the spoil its dug out for its seat.

4. asses by its shape and colour if you think its a hare or just a clump of dirt. walk to it if it gets smaller you know its ahare shuffling down.

5. look around your feet as close as a meter away as its not always possible to see hares that have dug a deep seat from distance.

your more liklie to see them on certain ground in certain weather and on brows and dips so there out of the cold wind.

bonoculars arnt that nesscerry only if your unsure if a bumps a hare or not. dont go and buy any see if your dogs anygood first.

some people are better hare spotters than others FACT. I know a lad Archie Brown who was taking on matches because hed spot hares others would walk past.

good luck mate hope your not gonna kill them all round my way!

• Like 1

just look for somthing that sticks out abit that looks like a hare in its seat then likes been said have a look through the binos, its when there on the plough they take some spotting, its just that lighter brown colour back you want to see then game on :thumbs: they will lay in there seats allday till about 3,4 olcock then you will see them start to go on the move

Edited by nighteyes