cat food / dog food

chimp

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had ferrets a mighty long time and they are fed on the best and thats FLESH not stingy by any means I feed them as any carnivore would eat in the wild naturally I've said it before and probab

Why no offence buddy? I'm offended by the nature of his/her posts... I've lost count of the times on here when one of these know it alls join up here and start dictating & tarring all working fer

Posted Images

Just watched a dvd today called ferreting down under, the guy feeds cat and dog biscuits dry or soaked in water over night, he shows workes and races and breeds them and has done so for years he has made a buisness out of it so they carnt do them any harm, has long as they get high protein which cat biscuits are.There were never ferret food around years ago. Its just the FAT CATS making money, the pet trade makes a fortune out of gulable people, what a load of crap.

. . . . . . and so is cat food, when rabbits are free!

go back through my old posts, you'll see I always advised either fresh rabbit or ferret biscuit, but this last year things got a bit tight at work etc, and I tried breeders cat biscuit, big difference in price, ferret 20kg around £38 cat 20kg £13

so my ferts have had that down for a year, along with wood and feral pigeon, the odd crow,rabbits and even goose, cant say Ive noticed any difference in condition,coat or health

so Im converted

Just watched a dvd today called ferreting down under, the guy feeds cat and dog biscuits dry or soaked in water over night, he shows workes and races and breeds them and has done so for years he has made a buisness out of it so they carnt do them any harm, has long as they get high protein which cat biscuits are.There were never ferret food around years ago. Its just the FAT CATS making money, the pet trade makes a fortune out of gulable people, what a load of crap.

totally agree with that :thumbs:

i do too what a load of bollocks

Ferrets should be fed on a good ferret biscuit as it the ingredients are important to ferrets. Just because you may not see signs of ill health by feeding cat or dog food long term it is doing damage especailly if you do breed the ferret it will cause problems in the pregnancy. We are ferret breeders and rescue offering advice microchipping boarding and more. Our aim is to give ferret owners the correct advice that so many people do not know. There is still plenty of incorrect advice on the website. AS regards to feeding rabbit our ferrets are working stoack as we believe to keep them to their natural lifestyle. They are fed whole rabbit with skins and don't have any problems. Meat should be fed but if not then a good ferret biscuit must be fed.

what a load of shite

Ferrets should be fed on a good ferret biscuit as it the ingredients are important to ferrets. Just because you may not see signs of ill health by feeding cat or dog food long term it is doing damage especailly if you do breed the ferret it will cause problems in the pregnancy. We are ferret breeders and rescue offering advice microchipping boarding and more. Our aim is to give ferret owners the correct advice that so many people do not know. There is still plenty of incorrect advice on the website. AS regards to feeding rabbit our ferrets are working stoack as we believe to keep them to their natural lifestyle. They are fed whole rabbit with skins and don't have any problems. Meat should be fed but if not then a good ferret biscuit must be fed.

So what exactly is in ferret food that is not in cat food? and what are the dietary needs of a ferret that are different from cats? Have never seen this explained by the proponents of only feeding ferret food

Apparently ferrets need about 35% protein.

Basic cat foods have about 25%.

Premium ones have 30% plus.

Ingredients wise little difference.

Someone on here, mentioned there is no difference ingredients wise and that they used to work in a pet food factory.

Personally I am happy using alpha ferret feast at about £15 for 10kg.

If I was strapped I would use a high protein cat food but I would ensure it is 30% plus protein wise.

Liam

Last

YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT :thumbdown:

YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT :thumbdown:

Yeah youve already said that.

Guest crobinc840

Even if we don't adhere to their diet and our ferrets are all fine we should at least acknowledge that they have studied the proper diet for a ferret. I feed my ferrets kitten food that is very close to ferret food in all components except it is much, much cheaper. I think there could be a good balance of diet and cash flow in that respect. I still feed them meat also. :thumbs: Don't give up on the forum by a few people that pick on you.

Guest crobinc840

So what exactly is in ferret food that is not in cat food? and what are the dietary needs of a ferret that are different from cats? Have never seen this explained by the proponents of only feeding ferret food

Look at the packages. You can even go online and see the ingredients. If the conversation continues I might look it up myself and put it on here but kitten food is very, very close to ferret food.