most usefull

what is your most use ful hunting iteam mine is game carrier

Hang on , have you shot anything yet ? Cause from where im standing , i dont recon you have .You`ve posted earlier about a bum bag , and keeping a radio in it , but you`ve never posted that you`ve been out with someone , so why would you want a radio ? Not being funny , but why dont you just talk straight ..............

hi matey

I'm with buster,every day there's a new thread regarding items,which is not a bad thing but the rifle you have said you have had you should no as they are not beginner rifle ill tell ya,

if you want to get in to the world of airgunning do a lot of research,

popular questions

1.do you no your quarry?

2.do you no your ranges?

3.do you no kill zones?

4.do you no times of the year for game?

5.do you no your kit?

all of these are essential to no before even taking your rifle into the field.i just cant see you owning those rifle in your last thread as if i owned them i would not of confused a ultra for a lightning

I'm not being rude its just thing you need to no and thing you don't no by the sound of it.

I'm still learning but Ive got to that point where i can take live quarry with humane kills but and that was down to a few members on here teaching me how to use mil dots,also field stealth,

hope this helps

atb steve

Hi lads,

Sorry I can't see as I'm on my iPhone, where is Collie from in the UK?

Maybe someone can take him out and help show him some stuff in regards to shooting and hunting with a air rifle?

I think it's really good that he is keen, sort of reminds me of a younger me a few years back :yes: .

I was lucky because I had my uncle to learn from, it does help to have a good teacher and there are a lot of good lads on here that could assist him :yes: .

Collie if I still lived in the UK buddy I would be more than happy to take you out pal, but sadly I'm not and i dont have any UK permissions anymore, i have to bum shooting land and borrow from my pals on here and from lads off YouTube when i want to shoot. :doh: .

There is some real experienced air rifle men in this section Collie who know lots due to many many years of doing this.

My advice to you is listen and read their posts buddy and learn from them, that's what I do pal and it works for me :thumbs: .

Try their ideas for yourself and if they work add that skill or technique to your own knowledge data base and pass it on to less experienced guys later on when your more experienced yourself pal.

Be honest in your posts and people will naturally want to help you out pal.

If you make a false claim someone will see through you as alot on here have already probably tried it already and know different :yes:

I can see with your keeness and drive you will be a good hunter, just take your time and enjoy the ride in the mean time.

All the best mate :thumbs:;)

Si

Edited by zini
  • Like 2

Hi lads,

Sorry I can't see as I'm on my iPhone, where is Collie from in the UK?

Maybe someone can take him out and help show him some stuff in regards to shooting and hunting with a air rifle?

I think it's really good that he is keen, sort of reminds me of a younger me a few years back :yes: .

I was lucky because I had my uncle to learn from, it does help to have a good teacher and there are a lot of good lads on here that could assist him :yes: .

Collie if I still lived in the UK buddy I would be more than happy to take you out pal, but sadly I'm not and i dont have any UK permissions anymore, i have to bum shooting land and borrow from my pals on here and from lads off YouTube when i want to shoot. :doh: .

There is some real experienced air rifle men in this section Collie who know lots due to many many years of doing this.

My advice to you is listen and read their posts buddy and learn from them, that's what I do pal and it works for me :thumbs: .

Try their ideas for yourself and if they work add that skill or technique to your own knowledge data base and pass it on to less experienced guys later on when your more experienced yourself pal.

Be honest in your posts and people will naturally want to help you out pal.

If you make a false claim someone will see through you as alot on here have already probably tried it already and know different :yes:

I can see with your keeness and drive you will be a good hunter, just take your time and enjoy the ride in the mean time.

All the best mate :thumbs:;)

Si

well said si buddy we all had to learn somewhere its a pitty more people didnt have this attitude it would give all the youngins and newbies a better chance ..

\

atb gary

Well, Si. He's from someplace in Wales by the flag on his profile. He's a 14 year old lad and has been given to ridiculous flights of fancy and fantasy about shooting and kit. Someone has vouched for him and says he's a good lad, keen as mustard. But he's not too literate in getting a point over clearly and dithers about in all directions over gear.

He's got an Air Arms S400. But instead of taking the bull by the horns and getting out, do some serious practice rangework and ask questions based on logical shooting situations, he asks petty questions on silly bits of kit then answers it with a google image pic of what he has. If he lived here in west Yorkshire I'd take him out and coach him myself. I fear his immature approach is going to alienate a lot of the lads from helping him. :(

To Collie

As to a game carrier being your most useful bit of kit...it's fantasy island time again, isn't it son. :doh:

It implies you need something to carry all that choice rabbit and woodpigeon you've skillfully headshot. No son. Once again you're trying too hard to come over as "one of the lads" and all you achieve is looking like "one of those prats". No need mate all you have to do is be a bit more mature and be the novice we know you are and ask about how to improve your shooting and fieldcraft.

As to a game carrier. I always use 1-foot lengths of string. Tie it in a loopknot around the rabbits hind legs, or pidgeon's feet, a bit of fallen tree-branch for a carry-handle -bingo! One game carrier! This thing your showing is just an extra rattly, rustly jingley jangley piece of tosh.

Use the cash to buy extra ammo. And practice extra hard :thumbs:

ATB

Simon

Edited by pianoman

Thanks Gary pal :thumbs:

I do think the lad needs a helping hand from someone, someone to guide him and teach him.

He's just trying to be one of the lads thats all, cant blame him really hes a teenager.

He seems a good lad and its better that he is like he is than spending his time not out shooting with his rifle or chatting to us on here than taking drugs and beating up old ladies like some teenages do these days :yes:

Sorry Simon buddy,

I dont want conflict here buddy, but ive got to say your out of order in your post in my eyes :yes: .

Your being very rude to the lad in how you are talking down to him and its un fair.

If i didnt say what i felt i would feel like i let the lad down.

Hes only 14 as you stated mate so needs a little break.

A fantasy or two is expected from a teenager.

Sorry and no hard feelings Simon.

I hope that we are still friends

Si

Edited by zini

None taken Si mate. But he seems not to acknowledge any decent answer he's been given and up comes something else. I guess my patience gets a bit thin and got the better of my reasoning and I'm sorry for getting short with him. In hindsight I agree, it's better he's here asking anything, than being out vandalising property with his rifle or doing his brains on drugs or God knows what else.

Collie my sincere appologies lad. I was bang out of order there :thumbs:

Simon

Edited by pianoman

Fear play Simon :thumbs: ,

Thats a extremely mature reply friend, thank you :thumbs:

Everyone gets upset from time to time me included, its part of life :yes: .

Collie just take on whats being said from the lads on here in regards to helping you out and giving you good advice and you will be just fine buddy.

If you have any burning questions then by all means PM me and ill try to answer them for you pal.

If i cant then ill ask someone else on here and get you an answer

ATB

Si

Edited by zini

Hang on , have you shot anything yet ? Cause from where im standing , i dont recon you have .You`ve posted earlier about a bum bag , and keeping a radio in it , but you`ve never posted that you`ve been out with someone , so why would you want a radio ? Not being funny , but why dont you just talk straight ..............

nearly everything you write on here is an argument bud why not try helping the lads on here instead of finding fault with everything on here. :thumbdown:

nearly everything you write on here is an argument bud why not try helping the lads on here instead of finding fault with everything on here. :thumbdown:

I say what i see , and some dont like it ...........

Im not imto stroking people`s ego`s , and people can get the hump over it if they choose . If your not in the `click ` seems your frowned upon . Like me or loathe me , i dont really care , ive done my time over helping lads on here . End of the day i like straight talk , so if you would like to express your opinions via PM , be my guest , that goes for anyone else please feel free . No offence will be taken , i`ll just tell you what i think , its called freedom of speech ....

Bust ,

• Like 3

Anyway back to the original post, I'm sure that the quarry carrier posted could be easily reproduced for bunnies using a old belt from Oxfam and some para cord.

I'm going to see what I can make when I get a bit more time.

In the summer I had alot if bunnies to carry and I couldnt carry them all with the rifle and my video camera, I just didn't have enough free hands.

Good that Davy helped me out and carried some for me.

Something like that would of been useful.

Si

Edited by zini