hancock lurcher

oznblue

Funny how it is always the dogs fault when it fails, its never because the owner is totally inept.

Buy from genuine (that's a word miss understood by a lot of sellers) working stock fella unless you just want a show pony :thumbs:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The dam and sire will almost certainly not be from working stock and so you stand a very good chance of your pup being a bag of shit. As far as i know there about 200. Far better to look through the f

yer puppy peddled shit

imagine if hancock had of bred his dogs best to best and lurcher to lurcher,he could of kept track of the dogs which were working well and used those as studs, eventually he then could of line bred hi

bought a hancock dog now a year old dog is bang on although his dogs are not worked he will openly tell u that the dogs are only bred for exact breeding i have had lurchers of many breeds the hancock dog wil be as good as any dog if schooled and cared for right but just remember it wil be a collie x and expect no more

i had one about 15 years ago , caught fox, (deer with another dog, she was first to make contact) , hare and rabbits, worked with ferrets. she was with me for many seasons and hardly had any time off , i would love to have her back. she was 3/4 bred. i had her second hand after the previous owner had a litter from her . probably the best alrounder i have owned.

if a pup comes from healthy stock and is reared correctly you have as much chance as any with it . collies and greyhounds ,generations of good working stock.

A mate of mine, Millsy R.I.P., bought a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 beardy off Handcock about 25 years ago. By the time Tanner was around a year old he decided he wanted to sell the dog and he gave a trial. The dog jacked after a short run at a hare but inexplicably another pal who was there on the day bought the dog.

Tanner went on to kill a load of close range hares....he had a great mouth and accelleration....but after a couple of seasons he had every toe pointing in a different direction and eventually pulled up on another occasion in the exact same field as he had that first time. That was in the small fields in Ireland so if you were thinking of running hares on bigger land I would give Hancock a wide berth....although to be fair to the man he doesn't claim to breed hare dogs.

Every one will have different options on this topic l have seen a few hancock dogs some good some bad if your looking a pup go get a pup from 2 working dogs and one you wont have pay £200 for just think about it your paying £200 for a pup out stuff that has never seen a field off work????

i had one about 15 years ago , caught fox, (deer with another dog, she was first to make contact) , hare and rabbits, worked with ferrets. she was with me for many seasons and hardly had any time off , i would love to have her back. she was 3/4 bred. i had her second hand after the previous owner had a litter from her . probably the best alrounder i have owned.

if a pup comes from healthy stock and is reared correctly you have as much chance as any with it . collies and greyhounds ,generations of good working stock.

A mate of mine, serious ferreting man, bought a hancock dog 15-20 years ago. Says it's the best dog he ever owner (and he's had a few). Reckoned it taught him a thing or two!

imagine if hancock had of bred his dogs best to best and lurcher to lurcher,he could of kept track of the dogs which were working well and used those as studs, eventually he then could of line bred his best dog's and kept track of all the pup's progress and used them at stud if they made the grade.

in the time he's been peddling he could of created a very good line of dog's imo.

Archived