hancock lurcher

oznblue

imagine if hancock had of bred his dogs best to best and lurcher to lurcher,he could of kept track of the dogs which were working well and used those as studs, eventually he then could of line bred his best dog's and kept track of all the pup's progress and used them at stud if they made the grade.

in the time he's been peddling he could of created a very good line of dog's imo.

whit is making the grade mate

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The dam and sire will almost certainly not be from working stock and so you stand a very good chance of your pup being a bag of shit. As far as i know there about 200. Far better to look through the f

yer puppy peddled shit

imagine if hancock had of bred his dogs best to best and lurcher to lurcher,he could of kept track of the dogs which were working well and used those as studs, eventually he then could of line bred hi

I personaly deplore the afixiation with big names.Hancock Minshaw Norfolk the first is an old man and I think the second is dead and the third is a Myth . David hancock comes across as a very smart man and I would bet he had a right decent dog in his day but you are only as good as your last job once money comes in the door standards go out the window. Victor Minshaw had I am sure a right good dog in his day and so did the lads that that had pups off him but for men to be peddling pups now calling them minshaw is decietful. The norfolk is another money spinner for eccentrics and that while I gave seen a few decent dogs of all these types I dont think there is much to it. I always go with the attitide of dont believe the hype!!!! I have a collie greyhound cross bitch I seen her mawork and know her da and they are god dogs that is everything and I might breed her if she is good enough but I wont be Putting my name to them. My next pup in the masterplan is a first cross deerhound and I have my name in for one with a man that has Doxhope strain deerhounds and Coursing greyhounds that has little to do with why I am going to him for a pup it because he is a mates with a good mate of mine who has seen the dogs work and knows the man keeps the dogs in the way they should be you cant put a price on that but it is worht far more than a fancy name.

• 3 weeks later...

I HAVE TA SAY HANCOCKS FOR A WORKING DOG HIS LIKE GOING TA LOTTERY FIRSTLY MAY I SAY HANCOCK COULD HAVE PRODUCED A LINE OF COLLIE YPES THAT WORK WITH CORRECT REGIME OF CULLING BUT THAT WAS NEVER THE INTENTION IT WAS PLUMMERS BRAIN WAVE TA PICK HANCOCK UP WHEN HIS CHICKEN ENTERPRISE WENT TA THE WALL AND THE TIMING WAS RIGHT THE COUNTRY WAS CRAZY FOR LURCHERS LAMBOURN AND THE MIDLAND A ND SEVERAL SMALLER TYPE GYM KANAS WERE PITTING CLASSES ON FOR LURCHERS LAMPING WAS ALL THE RAGE AND YES IN THE EARLY YRS HANCOCK PRODUCED COLLIE CROSSES OF A FAR BETTER TYPE FOR WORK HENCE HIS STUD DOGS HAD ALOT TO DO WITH THIS RICHARD JONES AND RUFUS THE RED BOTH FROM GOOD WORKING STOCK TODAY ITS AFAR CRY FROM WHAT HE DID PRODUCE THE MENTION OF KNOWING WHAT YA GETTING FROM HANCOCK COULD BE QUESTIONED IN TODAYS TIMES THESE STUD DOGS THAT PRODUCE HIS STOCK ARE BRED IN ONE WAY FORM OF OTHER FROM HIS ORIGIONAL STOCK BARRING A FEW THE PROBLEM HIS THEY HAVE NOT BEING TESTED IN ANY WAY FOR WORK 2 HUNDRED QUID THEY WERE NEVER CHEEP IN THE EARLY DAYS BUT A LEAST YA CHANCES WERE MORE STACKED IN YA FAVOUR WHA I WILL SAY ANY BODY LOOKING FOR A YOUNG DOG TA START OUT OR JUST FOR A REPLACEMENT GET ONE OF WORKER TA WORKER ORFROM A GOOD LINE OF WORKERS LURCHERS HAVE MOVED ON IN THE TRUE SENSE OF THE WORD AND I CAN TELL YA FOR NOTHING THE ALL ROUNDER HIS VERY DIFFICULT TO FIND IN THE MODERN COLLIE CROSSES THIS HIS NOT TA SAY THEY ARE NOT OUT THERE GOOD HUNTING AND GOOD LUCK TA ALL YA NEWLY AQUIRED STOCK BUNNYS

makes me mad this site. some one will put one or two litters up for sale and everyone go's mad ''fecking peddler'' and all the rest of it.

but because the pups have a name in front of them than thats ok?

he is a puppy peddler/farm or what ever you want to call it/him.

why would anyone want to bye from a puppy farm, off non workers.

if people didnt bye off scum like him the dog world would be in a much better state.

as there would only be good stock about for sale of proper dog lads.

coulden't agree more mate :thumbs:

The dam and sire will almost certainly not be from working stock and so you stand a very good chance of your pup being a bag of shit. As far as i know there about 200. Far better to look through the for sale section on here and get one off someone who works there dogs and gives a toss about something more than just money. Hancock is a a puppy farmer. I rang him years ago and was told "just comedown anytime, we always have at least 13 litters ready to go"! Hese a c**t.

im not looking to by one mate just looking for opinions i run 1stxdeerhoundgreyhounds have done for 20 years.im intrested as iv heard alsorts about his dogs

I know a bloke who loved his hancock lurcher so much and its ability hes had 2 more pups just because they not working stock dosent mean they won't produce good dogs its how you bring it on. Collies x's are clever dogs anyway just spend time with it and they will make good dogs. I think people want stop all the slagging off on here sick of reading blokes slagging others off. Good luck with whatever you decide mate.

thanks for the comment mate good to know whot people think i personly run deerhoundgreyhounds1stx thing is you here that many things i dont know were i stand on this one as ive never seen one work.:yes:

Always an interesting topic.

While Hancocks does not work his dogs directly all his dogs are ex track dogs. The collie's he use are all from working stock (sheep dogs).

If you want a guenuine half cross I think you will really struggle to find guenuine working parents.

Most greyhounds used are track dogs and I personally dont know any one who works a border or beardie colle. (Not talking about working sheep dogs, I mean working rabbits etc)

Another example would be bull crosses. How many people work straight bulls? not many though there is a ready market for a first cross bull greyhound.

If you give a f**k about the state of our sport and the kind of name its got. . . . . .dont support hancock by buying a pup from him. Its that simple. The man is producing as many pups as possible, sticking a name to them and a price tag and raking it in. Its incredibly sad and the bloke should be closed down. If you want a hancock dog then go find two of the dogs from him that DID make the grade and get a pup out of them, bred well away from his kennels, My ferreting partner has a 5/8 3/8 bitch bred like this and she is a very good dog, but she is a very good collie grey, not a very good hancock lurcher. IMO he is as bad as the folk breeding 'cavashits' and 'cocksdoos' for the coin. :thumbdown:

if your going for a name dont bother thats all its is, a line bred dog would be far better choice 'true to type and gauranteed to work' spend your time looking mate far better to wait for the right dog than go and pic one out of 40 pups from a breeder :thumbs:

I was gonna read through all these posts but started to nod off,,,this statement is typical of folk who think they know something but actually dont...whether you go to Hancock or not is up to you but avoid like the plague anyone who guarantee's a pup will work it's bullshit! :blink::blink:

if your going for a name dont bother thats all its is, a line bred dog would be far better choice 'true to type and gauranteed to work' spend your time looking mate far better to wait for the right dog than go and pic one out of 40 pups from a breeder :thumbs:

I was gonna read through all these posts but started to nod off,,,this statement is typical of folk who think they know something but actually dont...whether you go to Hancock or not is up to you but avoid like the plauge anyone who guarantee's a pup will work it's bullshit! :blink::blink:

Yep. There are no guarantees that any dog will work no mater what the parents are

Archived