big bullx doing the job single handed

got half x bred dog and mother myself3rd gen 27 12 in pic took at 10 months heavy dog longer than the m5 but catch a fox ,put it this way hes got the nack had bullxs for 15 yers cant falt them at all all you need in a hard working dog for 6 days of the week foxing,but you got a have a good start with breeding no clody type of bull like staffs,but a good 22-24in working bulls and a greyhound with soundnuss and vey good feet not meny about but they r there if you now the right poeple,and you r genuine person not some flyby night.alb

post-41377-0-30151300-1290600779_thumb.jpg

post-41377-0-33737400-1290600882_thumb.jpg

post-41377-0-22589600-1290600967_thumb.jpg

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

theres some right bollocks gets chatted on here, it seems more foxes die in one day on this site than they do in a full season in the real world, now heres a few facts i know..... the majority of half

Ok, I'll get with the post, the post says 'heavy', well lets face it, no heavy (as in weight) can catch much at all. As for first crosses, well run at the right weight and they'll do the job, week in

this is my bro bitch 5/8greyhound 3/8bull think she is about 5 yr old kills foxs 4 fun mate and she is heavy set mate she is big 4 a bitch

Posted Images

theres some right bollocks gets chatted on here, it seems more foxes die in one day on this site than they do in a full season in the real world, now heres a few facts i know..... the majority of half crosses are plenty fast enough but its the turning that lets them down, not all though.....

3/8's and 3/4's are usually a lot more agile and plenty quick enough but they never seem too last very long when you start pushing them.......

one more fact before i go, its sites like this that played a good part in the ruination of working dogs because all the messers get together and breed pure shite, before the net the shite was kept far more confined.......;)

• Like 3

theres some right bollocks gets chatted on here, it seems more foxes die in one day on this site than they do in a full season in the real world, now heres a few facts i know..... the majority of half crosses are plenty fast enough but its the turning that lets them down, not all though.....

3/8's and 3/4's are usually a lot more agile and plenty quick enough but they never seem too last very long when you start pushing them.......

one more fact before i go, its sites like this that played a good part in the ruination of working dogs because all the messers get together and breed pure shite, before the net the shite was kept far more confined.......;)

spot on

hello lads before the ban came in i used to be out 5-6 nites a week without fail and seen dogs come and go big bull crosses to more racey three quarter bred collie greyhounds personaly i think that big half crosses are to big and heavy for it and they lack speed and agility tree quarter bred dogs are far more affective me and my pals used to have threes nd that evry outher nigt we had two dogs that we used one was a deer grey xcollie grey and the outher was a collie grey x bull grey two recey dogs and together the had 110 -120 reds in a season unfortinatly they can only do so much before it starts to take its toll on them and one got injerd and the outher died by hitting farm machenary.the only problem was they wernt fast killers and took abit stick .my mate has now went on to these line bred bull xs dont get me wrong there good dogs with lots of determanation but they arnt as sharp as those raceyer dogs we had and the big heavy line bred dogs seem to pick up more injeries than anything else.but on the outher hand i have a three quarter bull quarter grey dog and hes very racey for what he is and he is fast enuff and has had them on his own but he just seems to lack on the turn. :thumbs:

got half x bred dog and mother myself3rd gen 27 12 in pic took at 10 months heavy dog longer than the m5 but catch a fox ,put it this way hes got the nack had bullxs for 15 yers cant falt them at all all you need in a hard working dog for 6 days of the week foxing,but you got a have a good start with breeding no clody type of bull like staffs,but a good 22-24in working bulls and a greyhound with soundnuss and vey good feet not meny about but they r there if you now the right poeple,and you r genuine person not some flyby night.alb

cracking looking dogs mate. ATB

There it is in a nutshell, its plain half the posters rarely leave their computer desk and work on theories written in Plummer books.

Folk like Bosun, stabba and lucky have more past experience than most and some of the crap spouted makes me chuckle...........

You only get out a dog what you put into it.

FACT

Irregardless of breed type and build.

FTB

This is always one of my favourite daft quotations............. Heres one of mine. You can't polish a turd.

If you got out what you put in why breed from lines/tested swtock etc, surely your effort would make up for this?????????????

Guest joely b

i my self have seen many a first x loss a fox , just hasnt got thay extra bit there to worry the fox , where as the 3/4 x has and he tend not to lose them . but the first x does come in handy as a drawing dog . mate of mine has a first x amrican bulldog x grey , has had has good numbers of foxs but dont care what anyone says some fo the foxs can run mind , i think for a first x you have to be on very qiuck or he has to come right in on the sqeeck, then your on. and your in with a fair chance on big fields but if he hasnt got him in the first few bends turn the lamp off

Edited by joely b
  • Like 1

seems like a 3qtr grey the way forward as my 1st cross just looses them once they start turning his not a unfit dog neither,so the only answer is to pair up with a another dog shouldnt get away then as they turn the fox for 1 another,altough mine will catch them but if you want them evry slip u cant expect a 1st x in my eyes to be nailing them on piece and theres nothing worse than seeing the coming back after a slip empty handing!

a fox that wants to move can move seriously fast and turn faster,heavy set dogs no matter how game wont catch nearly the amount of foxes day or night that a racier game dog can.a lot of people especially those that do more talking than catching think that all foxes are simple to catch,they are not,a fast dog is needed especially on shy ones.

correct

There it is in a nutshell, its plain half the posters rarely leave their computer desk and work on theories written in Plummer books.

Folk like Bosun, stabba and lucky have more past experience than most and some of the crap spouted makes me chuckle...........

you talking an chuckling about youself simoman :tongue2:

you talking an chuckling about youself simoman :tongue2:

disagree.seen plenty a 3/8s that can last and few half xs that could turn very well and fast enough

• Like 1