The worse seasons start for a long time

Well been out four times so far and managed one rabbit,the land as got a decent population of rabbits on it the ground has runs all over cracking runs but i cant snare them as its got horses on :censored: .Tried the long nets last week when bodgerbear came up with me,we bolted three rabbits and they all went round the nets so i need a bit more practice i think :laugh: got up yesterday to go and the motor wouldnt start :wallbash::censored: .Anyone else having a bad start oris it just me :laugh:

Know the feeling mate the temp is still too high, they are not going to ground much. We had a full day the other day with the dogs and motor on a big estate, checking set after set and found about a half dozen to ground, but plenty of sign, they are still up in the cover. You'd have more luck with terriers and lurchers. Bring on the frost!

I think im having a nightmare week end as well mate , went out with a couple of lads off here for a fox, ended up in a rock pile we must easily have shifted a couple of tonnes of stone the farmer said as long as you get the dog out i will fill it back with a couple of trailer loads off the fields again . Came home had tea went for a shine got the wife to drive as i thought id fall asleep driving home . Up this morning to go ferreting i picked up two pishy nets on my permission and got 5 rabbits :wallbash:just when i thought id get loads

best start ever for me been out first time proper days out god did not need the dog i could see the rabbits going in the holes went with my mate he never been before and the first 3 sets we bolted 7 after that it went uphill went to 6 sets and bolted 12 missed 3 and i let 6 go keep them for the next few weeks and the cover has not gone yet i can take 150 a year from there so waiting for the frost. i always let the does go just something i do and i never have a bad year.

Better than mine, I have no collar so I can't go!

Rather be out bolting one rabbit for the whole day, then watching Darts :/

WHY DOES NO ONE HAVE COLLARS FOR SALE! APART FROM E-BAY CHARGING ROUGHLY A GRAND FOR A COLLAR!

so while you're enjoying yourself, i'm out feeding pheasents for the shoot YIPEE

Better than mine, I have no collar so I can't go!

Rather be out bolting one rabbit for the whole day, then watching Darts :/

WHY DOES NO ONE HAVE COLLARS FOR SALE! APART FROM E-BAY CHARGING ROUGHLY A GRAND FOR A COLLAR!

so while you're enjoying yourself, i'm out feeding pheasents for the shoot YIPEE

never used a locator(a bit old fashioned)but i do need alot of patience :wallbash::laugh:

Your not alone Mr Tea Pot. Most people are having a hard time, rabbits not at home. My friend called me yesterday and told me that he had ferreted a warren with over 60 holes (the farmer had cut down the hawthorn for them, and cleared some hedges) and only resulted in 8 rabbits. This estate is thriving in rabbits.

Sometimes it's best to have days like this than having large amounts each time. Pest control or not....

;)

Our season has started of quite well too be honest.not getting massive numbers yet with the ferrets but still getting some good sport. Getting pleanty Bushing in the cover with the dogs and having some of the best nights lamping with the lurchers we have had for years.Stacks sitting to close to the cover for a race at night so sighns are looking good for when we get the proper weather.

Hope your season picks up mate.

ATB

Your not alone Mr Tea Pot. Most people are having a hard time, rabbits not at home. My friend called me yesterday and told me that he had ferreted a warren with over 60 holes (the farmer had cut down the hawthorn for them, and cleared some hedges) and only resulted in 8 rabbits. This estate is thriving in rabbits.

Sometimes it's best to have days like this than having large amounts each time. Pest control or not....

;)

went out yesterday 1st time this season , did from 8 ish till bout 3, covered about 5 setts ,biggest was 20 holer, drawn a blank all day, seen plenty out,but no bugs at home this time last year,same permission different story ,still too warm & loads of cover about & brok moving in on some decent setts has made it even worse & finding tufts o hair about, strange, anywyays still good to get out & stretch those legs & give ferrets a run out, regards john