bedlington whippets

Guest stewie

here is mine he is 8 month old now and comin along grate, i will try and get sum new picks, his dam was the beddy.

post-51435-014940700 1288207485_thumb.jpg

spot on just the type ill be looking for looks a strong dog mate :thumbs: :thumbs: will you being doing any ratting with him??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So if i was to buy one would it be better to have the whippet as the bitch or the bedlington? Just there are two differences of opinion in the thread. Any ideas, also how do the bed/whip x bed/whip fa

Posted Images

here is mine he is 8 month old now and comin along grate, i will try and get sum new picks, his dam was the beddy.

spot on just the type ill be looking for looks a strong dog mate :thumbs: :thumbs: will you being doing any ratting with him??

yer i will be doing mate, lamping ferreting and ratting. still taking it slow with him at the min tho. he is keen as mustard its hard to keep him owt dyke bottoms and his head owt of rabbit holes, im sure he thinks he is a ferret lol. :whistling:

yer i will be doing mate, lamping ferreting and ratting. still taking it slow with him at the min tho. he is keen as mustard its hard to keep him owt dyke bottoms and his head owt of rabbit holes, im sure he thinks he is a ferret lol. :whistling:

lol good luck with him mate and keep me posted how he gets on :thumbs: :thumbs:

vixen is the one next to the tennis ball a dog or a bitch??

when i was younger and old guy used to run three of these together and everytime i went out with him the action was spot on!!!! worked all day, in and out of cover after bunnys and quality nose and vision :thumbs: im thinking of getting one to help my terrier in the bushes and add some raw speed to my little pack for them rabbits where if you blink they are gone. anyone planning a litter of genuine half crosses out of good dogs let me no :thumbs:

When i was after a pup i wanted to buy a beddy x greyhound but i looked for months without finding one. I wanted my pup for daytime work, mainly ferreting and a bit of lamping. I thought about a beddy whippet but i was concerned that it might be a little on the small side. In the end i found a litter of pups that were from a 3/4 whippet 1/4 greyhound bitch that was 23"tts. The sire was a pure beddy of the granitor line. The bitch pup is now 17 weeks and is 16"tts. I was hoping that it would make about 21" so i think it has a chance of that. It is coming on great, broken to livestock and the ferrets. I will leave it untill about 8 months till i take her out ferreting.

post-51571-020649700 1288214172_thumb.jpg

post-51571-098647000 1288214183_thumb.jpg

post-51571-069401000 1288214191_thumb.jpg

Edited by lifelong cumbrian

when i was younger and old guy used to run three of these together and everytime i went out with him the action was spot on!!!! worked all day, in and out of cover after bunnys and quality nose and vision :thumbs: im thinking of getting one to help my terrier in the bushes and add some raw speed to my little pack for them rabbits where if you blink they are gone. anyone planning a litter of genuine half crosses out of good dogs let me no :thumbs:

When i was after a pup i wanted to buy a beddy x greyhound but i looked for months without finding one. I wanted my pup for daytime work, mainly ferreting and a bit of lamping. I thought about a beddy whippet but i was concerned that it might be a little on the small side. In the end i found a litter of pups that were from a 3/4 whippet 1/4 greyhound bitch that was 23"tts. The sire was a pure beddy of the granitor line. The bitch pup is now 17 weeks and is 16"tts. I was hoping that it would make about 21" so i think it has a chance of that. It is coming on great, broken to livesock and the ferrets. I will leave it till about 8 months till i take it out ferreting.

looks a nice type mate :thumbs: good luck with her in the future :thumbs:

Get used to a few of these if your getting a beddy/whippet.:laugh: :laugh: grey_hair.jpg

Are they really that strong willed. I'm used to terriers, but my jacks are really responsive to my whistles etc. Its the only thing that makes me think twice about getting one without a dash of collie in there.

Is yours one 1/4 beddy? how do you find it?

i have a beddy thats 19" and he's very responsive, they can be headstrong at times and just stand there looking away on purpose but their nose and allround ability make up for that in my eyes, btw my beddy is a as quick as a beddy/whippet and he's a pure one, he's lighter built than the other big ones though :toast:

Hi there i got myself a first cross beddy whippet he not as quick as my other lurcher top flight but the acceleration is outstanding, they reckon there the fastest accelerating cross u can get,due to the beddys racing posture apparently they have whippet make up in them,who knows but if u work rabbit on small fields ul be pleased will hit cover like anything im no pro to lurcherwork but he does the job for me,he very stubon amd usually needs calling twice,plus if charlie wa a legal quarry, i know hed have the minerals all the best,p.s ill pip a picture of him when i get home,