Total disgusting and inhumane demo of how "NOT TO DO IT".

zini

Edited due to new info from Chimp (cheers bud) :thumbs: .

Guys,

I’ve just been sent this clip from my mate HeLLsMeSSnGR on YouTube.

He is as I am appalled at what this guy is doing on camera with his air rifle.

This is in my opinion a fantastic demo of how not to go about your business when carrying out vermin control.

Apparently the rifle is doing 30 ft / lbs which is good for longer range rabbits agreed if the rabbit is hit in the KZ, but on close range rats, I’m not sure :no: richo's and dangerous angles with power around a farm of pond etc :hmm:

It was obvious that the guy was shooting willy nilly at the rats whole body, and its not about the power its about the shot placement or lack of it in this clip.

It’s also the reason that people try to ban our sport / hobby / life style.

Please use this as a bench mark and something that you will never think is the correct way to humanely kill rats or any other of the vermin species shot with a air rifle.

Even a rat deserves a head shot with 12 or 30 ft /lbs if your going to use that much power :yes: .

Si

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKT3z1exsWA

Edited by zini

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well in my eyes they should of been head shots and if no head shot was available he should of done what i do leave it be or wait for clear shots   was nice seeing so many rats tho

How many shots to kill a rat Inhumane b*****d Who in their right mind would use 30ft/lbs for rats The chances of a Ricochet penetrating the shooters cloathes and skin are high enough with a 1

I agree handy for rabbits 30 ft/lbs mate but on a rat at 10m to 15 metres and through the arse end, Im not to sure Chimp mate?

Just my opinion though, and opinions are like arse holes "everyone has one" :laugh:

ATB

Si

Edited by zini

Yep true Beddy,

That’s what the whole post is about mate, shot placement and being as humane as possible so not to get these tree hugging greenies knocking on the RSPCA's or Downing Streets doors. :thumbs:

They forget about animals being used as guinea pigs for chemical tests and disease tests and so on and only see the guy shooting the poor rat in the arse end 3 or 4 times in some cases like he did. :doh: .

Granted some of his shots were KZ's and humane but not all.

The rabbit shots were much better as i dont think the pellet was over penetrating as much and he was resting so got some good brain shots in :thumbs: .

This post will recieve both varied comments both for the bloke and against what he is doing in the clip :yes:

I know this because i get slagged and called a evil killer and told that someone should shoot me etc all the time from people on YouTube and i do try to be humane even though I do as everyone does have the occassional mistake and need a second shot to finish the job humanely :doh: .

That’s what forums are all about bud.

Everyone can have their own say and that’s just fine, wether right or wrong in other peoples eyes ;) .

Si

Edited by zini

Sadly there are to many videos like this on You-tube, people who just point and shoot cosidering any hit on vermin a success. I hate rats........ I mean really HATE them (shudder), but any hunter worth their salts should take PRIDE in a clean, humane dispatch. I stopped watching at 50 secs in, the bloke just doesnt have a clue. All the gear no idea springs to mind!!

Mikey.