4 month old pup contantly whining

Hi I have a 4 month old saluki collie whippit bitch, that crys and screams constantly, I have owned the dog for about a month and put her straight in the pen with my bull x bitch which they get on great, the pup crys houls so loud that the neighbours complained, and ideas how to stop this cheers

hi mate what we did was when our pup was that age we did what you did and yes she did all that so we decided to get an indoor cage and just brought her in at night and we didnt here a peep from her but put her outside in her pen through the day that has help alot cheers DM :victory:

Hi I have a 4 month old saluki collie whippit bitch, that crys and screams constantly, I have owned the dog for about a month and put her straight in the pen with my bull x bitch which they get on great, the pup crys houls so loud that the neighbours complained, and ideas how to stop this cheers

i had a pup like that before, i lot of that whining is learnt behaviour, if it whined before and it got itself some attention from you, it knows whining works,,the best way i found to treat it is, that nothing happens when it whines, that means it dont get taken out, fed, play with or anything until there is silence, 10 seconds at the start,and build up, the dog will twig ,that nothing good happens when i whine so i'll try something else, it defo wont happen overnight,,the pup will learn that whatever its is doing at that particular moment, that is what triggers something to happen, thats how it learns,,drowning the pup in water never worked for me,,it'll only feck up the relationship between you,,best of luck

Thanks for the replys, the dogs do have seperate boxes to sleep it so that aint the problem, I haven't been giving her any attention when she is whining I have just been leaving her, hopefully she will just learn to be quiet and I aint that bovered its the neighbours haha

Thanks for the replys, the dogs do have seperate boxes to sleep it so that aint the problem, I haven't been giving her any attention when she is whining I have just been leaving her, hopefully she will just learn to be quiet and I aint that bovered its the neighbours haha

f**k them

A quick spray with the hose pipe and say quiet when you do it,that stopped my pup in two days! All i have to do now is touch the hose and hes in the box :thumbs:

same here shushycatcher, small pan of cold water did it for me. first couple of times tail wagging until it gets the water, then after all i had to do was show it the pan from the kitchen window! :thumbs:

A quick spray with the hose pipe and say quiet when you do it,that stopped my pup in two days! All i have to do now is touch the hose and hes in the box :thumbs:

same here shushycatcher, small pan of cold water did it for me. first couple of times tail wagging until it gets the water, then after all i had to do was show it the pan from the kitchen window! :thumbs:

Same as above, kids water pistol, quiet after 1 day.