Best Boxing Bouts

43 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Probably the most impressive thing about Hagler was his mindset.....ridiculously dedicated,never out of shape....just had an iron will everything about him was strong.

Even the way he retired was strong he had that controversial fight with Leonard and said " f**k this im gone see ya later ".....and you never saw him again.

Yep, he is in my mind the ultimate boxer, could do everything, had a great chin, power, speed, timing,  the lot. And like you say, his attitude/mindset to every fight, you'll not see better ?

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazing! The War. Round 1 (greatest round of all time?) Cheers, D.  

A great fight is a great fight in any era ,it's a bit like any sport ,science and technology have improved conditioning beyond compare ,but when you've see something special it stands the test of time

To me Hagler was the greatest middle weight ever.  Hagler V Carlos Monzon would have been epic.  Not the greatest boxer (just nit picking here) but very composed, very tough and a killer ins

Posted Images

1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Yep, he is in my mind the ultimate boxer, could do everything, had a great chin, power, speed, timing,  the lot. And like you say, his attitude/mindset to every fight, you'll not see better ?

I dont know how old you are mate but where would you place him on an all time middleweight list ?

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Thats a good shout that is they had a couple of good fights as i remember....Dennis could have been such a good fighter if he had a little bit more upstairs.....such a tough durable guy but found athletic movement difficult to master....sad story really he done all his dough and works as a security guard at Albany Place now.....like i say he was never too bright.

They had fought twice before. One each. 

Harding had accused Andries of being too old, so to prove a point Dennis wouldn’t sit on his stool during the break. Lol

just stood looking at Harding. 

What a guy. 

I remeber a interview before fighting Tommy Hearns. 

Hearns had said what he expected Dennis to do, Dennis looked bewildered and said, “how does he know what I’m going to do? I don’t know what I’m going to do!” Lol

Hagler "if they cut my bald head open,they'll find one big boxing glove.thats all I am,I live it."

a model professional,dedicated,disciplined,just loved what he done & done it well 

him & Carlos monzon 2of the greatest MWs ever 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

I dont know how old you are mate but where would you place him on an all time middleweight list ?

To me he's the best middleweight of all time. There are a few other great fighters that fought 'at' middleweight, hearns, mugabi, leonard and a few others, but they weren't true middleweights. And some of the more recent middleweights, I don't believe they'd actually want to fight hagler?

• Like 1

To me Hagler was the greatest middle weight ever. 

Hagler V Carlos Monzon would have been epic. 

Not the greatest boxer (just nit picking here) but very composed, very tough and a killer instinct that few possess. 

We may never see his like again. 

• Like 2

For me Ray Robinson was the greatest fighter who ever lived full stop.....and unquestionably the greatest middleweight.....Hagler and Monzon i couldnt split though id probably lean towards Hagler second best as he was my era....the reason i asked is because i hear a lot of younger chaps put Bernard Hopkins in the top few and im not sure i agree with that.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

For me Ray Robinson was the greatest fighter who ever lived full stop.....and unquestionably the greatest middleweight.....Hagler and Monzon i couldnt split though id probably lean towards Hagler second best as he was my era....the reason i asked is because i hear a lot of younger chaps put Bernard Hopkins in the top few and im not sure i agree with that.

Hagler V Hopkins at their prime would have the potential to be THE greatest middle weight fight ever. 

Potentially eclipsing Hagler V Hearns which I believe IS the greatest middle weight fight on record.