mink escaped or were released from mink farm

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some daft fecker's realesed a load form a mink farm years back a few miles up stream from the estate where I worked.

Within a couple of weeks they'd killed most of the other wildlife on thr river banks for a good couple of miles either way.... Stupid, short sighted, ignorant, dumb-fecks who broke in and let them lose have no idea about the countryside and how it works... Makes my blood boil.

Cheers.

Nah they were released, but the thick fooking antis think they have done good but dont realise the damage they have caused to the native wildlife, they are nothing but thick pricks . Well pleny for you irish lad and lass's to get after now .

im already there hannah, ive my own traps set locally + was talking to the chairman of my local gunclub + hes promised me all theirs live or dead :thumbs:

all ive got to do now is get the stuff for curing/tanning skins...... advice on products and methods welcomed.... hint hint :angel:

im already there hannah, ive my own traps set locally + was talking to the chairman of my local gunclub + hes promised me all theirs live or dead :thumbs:

all ive got to do now is get the stuff for curing/tanning skins...... advice on products and methods welcomed.... hint hint :angel:

Ive found the acid tan method works quite well with rabbit and fox skins. can't see any reason why it wouldnt work with mink.

http://www.ssrsi.org/Onsite/bunny.htm

all you need is some battery acid and some table salt.

cheers

Ug

700-1000 mink depending on which news program you read or watch, escaped or more likely were purposefully released in ardara in county donegal :censored: this was confirmed yesterday.

for f**k sake! as if theres not enough of these vermin loose in this country.

I take it you mean the ALF?

SEE MY SIG!!

Ric

These people are so ignorant and shortsighted :wallbash: . They're the worst type of anti. They've no idea of the carnage that non native predators like Mink can wreak in the countryside.

Lets hope they're all accounted for quickly (then we can start getting the Mink!).

There was a load released near me back in 1998. Once released most of them had a wanderful life, they travelled across fields running free, then got run over or shot within a few hours :gunsmilie: Not really the happy ending ALF were after :feck:

BBC News' George Eykyn: scores of escaped mink run over or shot

Animal rights activists are thought to be behind the release of up to 8,000 mink from a farm at Onneley in north Staffordshire.

Mink farmer Len Kelsall, 60, has slammed those responsible as "terrorists", saying that he was "utterly devastated" by the release which occurred shortly before 6am.

Local volunteers have been helping to capture the mink

More than 3,500 cages had been hacked open but 5,000 mink have been contained on Newhouse farm near Newcastle under Lyme.

The remainder escaped into the countryside and attempts are being made to catch them.

Len Kelsall: "The loss is horrendous"

Trolley full of carcasses

Mr Kelsall, standing by a supermarket trolley full of carcasses recovered from surrounding roads and fields, said: "This is not animal rights, this is animal cruelty.

Staffordshire police spokesman on their efforts to deal with the situation

"These people are terrorists, targeting people who run legitimate businesses."

The mink are farmed for sale on the Russian fur market where they fetch £15 per pelt.

The distraught farmer said: "I've had this farm for 40 years and I have asked these people to come in to see the farm and see how the animals are kept.

Local residents have been warned to keep pets and small children indoors

"This farm is not cruel - but this is," he said, holding up the carcass of a dead mink. "Yesterday this was a healthy, happy male mink. Now look at it."

The BBC's Ishbel Matheson: Mink leave trail of havoc

Police have issued an urgent warning to residents and motorists to keep their doors and windows shut and not to approach the animals which could attack domestic pets. They have asked to be informed of any sightings.

Toni Vernelli of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals: Supports release

A police spokesman said: "Scenes of crime officers are at the scene and we are investigating the possibility that his was done by animal rights activists, but as yet no-one has admitted it.

"We would advise the public to avoid the area at all costs."

The animals are causing chaos on the roads around the farm.

RSPCA condemn 'foolhardy' release

The RSPCA is assisting in the operation to round up the animals. Its spokesman said the release was "extremely foolhardy".

He said both the escaped animals and the surrounding wildlife would suffer as a result.

Noted vegetarian Alan Clark MP: "Mink farms are cruel"

"The mink will be extremely distressed as they are arm-trained animals not used to being in the wild.

"They are also effective predators and this could be catastrophic for the local wildlife. Especially vulnerable is the water vole, whose numbers have fallen drastically over the last few years."

Second release

In August about 7,000 mink were released in to the New Forest following two attacks on Crow Hill farm near Ringwood, Hampshire.

The animals killed pets and even attacked a fisherman. Thousands were recaptured but many were shot by desperate landowners.

Police are liaising over the two incidents

Ive found the acid tan method works quite well with rabbit and fox skins. can't see any reason why it wouldnt work with mink.

http://www.ssrsi.org/Onsite/bunny.htm

all you need is some battery acid and some table salt.

cheers

Ug

brilliant, i'll pick up a couple of old tractor batterys

Edited by CarraghsGem