AAS410K .22 / .177

davyt63

Hi every one

Chaz and I went over to the new permission we got a couple of weeks ago, and thought we would have a look around. as this is a small few paddocks its better if we static shoot, so we went to the far side of the paddocks and both got down in a prone position, about a meter apart with some camo netting up to break our outline up.

We laid here for a while just looking around and keeping low, then suddenly two bunnies came bouncing out of the hedge line and right in to our zero range, the plan was a synchronise shoot on a count down! But I couldn’t get comfy with the scopecam. And chaz took his shot first! With his AAS410K .177 THWACK! Over it went a nice shot 36yds, now my go missed! A 30yd sitter!! DOH!!

Well it wasn’t long before the next target showed its self bang on 30yds right by the fence line which we ranged earlier, slowly raised the AAS410K .22 and THWACK!!

Sent an air arms field 16gr straight to the kill zone, and it was lights out!!! They stayed down for a while.

But we were waiting next one popped out at 43yds so as I had the last shot it was now another shot for chaz, which I asked if I could video it and here is the results!!

A difficult shot this! as it was a small one, so kill zone is smaller

as we was loosing the light ,a lone kamikaze bunny came running towards chaz & I, and stopped 19yds in front of us, I had the scopecam ready! But forgot to adjust the focus for fear of the bunny seeing movement, and running off. Up came me AAS410K .22 turned on the scopecam panned across very slowly as this is an open field, so slow moving is a must! Got the target on the LCD screen ir was already on so 19yds 1/1.5 mildot hold under and THWACK!! Up it went out of view when I found it a couple of seconds later it was stone cold.

Here is the footage

We had a couple more, chaz won the evening 3-2 me tinks1 and we also got to have a chat with there neighbour as they have a problem too! So more shooting permission, on its way. Will keep ya updated on that!!

And here is where it landed

2010-09-21195514.jpg

Group pic

2010-09-21214956.jpg

Happy hunting

Regards

Davy

• Like 5