Hunting in Pakistan

this has ben copied from one of my favourite pakistani forums so that i could share these beautifull images with you

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4020

I'm pleased to be back after a long absence of many months. As usual, I was busy traveling around & guiding expeditions & hunts & just returned home.

I would like to share some new photos of my hunts and also paste some old photos for many new members who joined after I last removed my threads.

Kindly note, all the following hunts are legitimate hunts duly authorised by the Govt of Pakistan against hunting permits issued by the provincial wild life departments plus royalties & generous donations paid by our hunters to the local hunting communities. None of these animals were hunted by me, rather, all these trophies were shot by our esteemed foreign hunters.

Have Fun !!!

himalayanibexpanorama1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Himalayan Ibex shot by my client Roberto Bicciochi in Ghulkin conservancy (Upper Gojal). Gun used was winchester 7MM Mag single shot at 300+ meters drilled right in the upper neck.

robertoibexl1.jpg

Roberto Bicciochi is 67 year old hunting guide from Italy who spends 10 months hunting around the world. This animal was shot at an altitude of 12800 feet above sea level by this amazing tough man. We left 02 AM and reached the habitat at 5PM (we continuously walked uphill for 15 hours). The hunt & photography was finished in about one hour and it took us seven hours to return to our base camp. This 22 hours of walking uphill & downhill was the longest ever in my hunting career.

bluesheeppanorama1.jpg

Blue Sheep hunted by my client Scott Dee Headley in Arbab Purian in Shimshal Valley.

bluesheephuntshimshall2.jpg

This beautiful animal was initially shot but injured by Headley from just a short distance of 40 meters with Remington 700 using 30-06 caliber bullet of 150 grains at an altitude of over 16400 feet above sea level. Then our guides Shambi Khan & Chiragh Din had to chase this injured sheep on a very steep & rough mountain for over five hours and ultimately shot & recovered its body from an altitude of over 17200 feet above sea level and brought it down to the base camp at about 10:30 pm in freezing cold temperture. You can see how happy we are over the lost & found ordeal of our trophy !

sindhibexpanorama1.jpg

Sindh Ibex shot by my client Jim Shockey in Sumbak conservancy in Jamshoro.

jimshockeysindhibexl1.jpg

This Sindh Ibex was taken by Jim Shockey from a distance of 250 meters while it was still running at top speed. Jim used a Thompson Center's Muzzle Loader whose caliber was .50. A Muzzle Loader is an old style gun in which you have to insert gun powder from the top of the barrel, then push the powder with a long iron rod & then insert the lead shot & push it down again with the rod to compress it against the gun powder & only then you can shoot it. This means the hunter has only one shot & if he misses it he cannot catch the same animal as it takes a very long time to re load the gun. Jim Shockey always uses a Muzzle Loader for all his hunts (including elephants, lions, lepopards, hippos & other dangerous animals) & he has been rated as world's number 1 Muxzzle Loader Hunter & I'm glad that he has chosen me as his sole outfitter in Pakistan.

punjaburialpanorama1.jpg

Pujab Urial shot by my client Corey Knowlton in Shah Kameer conservancy - Jehlum.

chriscoreypunjabl2.jpg

From early morning till late evening, we spent three days tramping the arid hills of Shah Kameer searching for a good trophy. Ultimately, on fourth day, we found this one & Corey shot is from just 70 meters with his Weatherby 300 Magnum.

blandfordurialpanorama1.jpg

Blandford Urial shot by my client Corey Knowlton in Saurh conservancy Durreji.

coreyblandfordl11.jpg

The amazing trophy was harvested by Corey Knowlton using a Weatherby 300 Magnum from a distance of 200 meters in Saurh conservancyu of district Durreji. This ram turned out to be a new world record with extra thick horns. See the tips of both its horns have pierced almost over two inches

into his jaws & were bulging out from underneath the eyes.

coreysbigurial.jpg

This is the left horn ... you can see the tips burried deep into its jaw.

blandfordhorn1.jpg

And this is its right horn ... also pierced into the jaw.

boarhuntpanorama1.jpg

Extra big trophy harvested by my client Harry Fischer (this trophy measured 22.5 cms)

dsc02250lh.jpg

Fischer shot this Tusker with a Winchester 30-06 & is happy to display his trophies. Since it was a driven hunt, all such boars have to be shot while they are running at top speed.

hasnainbhais2009trophie.jpg

My Ustaad Ji with all my trophies shot during last hunting season !

sulemanmarkhorhuntl16.jpg

Sulaiman Markhor shot by my client Andreev Oleg in Torghar mountains - Balochistan.

sulemanmarkhorhuntl12.jpg

The Pride of Pakistan, our traditional Pagri also looks nice on our foreign friends.

sulemanmarkhorhuntl8.jpg

Another photo of Andreev Oleg with his beautiful trophy of Suleman Markhor in Torghar,

yastrebovsulemanmarkhor.jpg

Sulaiman Markhor shot by our client Mr. Dimitry Yastrebov

sulemanmarkhorhunt104l.jpg

Early morning start of our hunting team

sulemanmarkhorhunt209l.jpg

The jeep track is arduous & long

sulemanmarkhorhunt36l.jpg

The day was sunny with no snow ... but the chill factor made it freezing cold.

sulemanmarkhorhunt66l.jpg

Our tribal guide with a Gora style !

sulemanmarkhorhunt994l.jpg

Tea break on our way to the habitat.

sulemanmarkhorhunt115l.jpg

Spotting the Markhor !

durejihuntl1.jpg

Ready to shoot with gun & camera !

dsc02286b.jpg

Another great trophy shot by Chance Cornett in Thana Bulla Conservany - Sindh

srdjaibexl1.jpg

Himalayan Ibex Shot by Srdja Dimitrijevic in Khyber Conservancy

Last edited by PakistanGuides (08-04-2010 19:53:53)

Aim High -----> Shoot Straight !

Kaiser Khan - Pakistan Guides, Hunting Adventures

Edited by jaggafeen

Hi Jaggafeen, Could i ask how many days hunt is generally required to be successful and is the hunting spot and stalk.?

If possible could you pm me a price list of the various species as well as PH rates.

Many Thanks. :victory:

just sent you email

and species available are

Sindh Ibex

Himalayan Ibex

Suleman Markhor

Kashmir or Pir Panjal Markhor

Astor Markhor

Blue Sheep

Blanford Urial

Panjab Urial

Afghan Urial