The best part of hunting for you....

x38

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

simple answer.............just being out there doing it, forgetting all your troubles as the saying goes,f**k the world and everything that's going on in it,for me its a total get away from it all and

When you are out Ferreting and the Dog gives you a good solid mark... You can almost see his eyes burning into the turf then gives you that look as if to say '' Come on then, hurry up and get those st

Being out at night is one of my favourite things. I like how quiet it is and the fact most people are tucked up in bed. I love watching the dogs run and be tested. I love how the quarry runs and outwits the dog. I always admire the quarry and what amazing animals some of them are. I love when you meet a particularly good animal or one that outwits you time and time again and your always happy to catch it but a little bit gutted aswell. Being in the company of good dog lads and having a laugh all night. I dont think i will ever get enough of lamping. I can go out on the beer or spend the night in a club but nothing compares to the buzz of being out transfixed on that little beam of light. Its not just antis who dont understand. The general public and alot of part time hunters will never understand the feeling of loving lamping. How hard it is to get up for work with little or no sleep but you know you have to else you cant afford to go lamping the next night lol.

brought a flag pole and the wife thought it was for ornimental reasons not the fact it blows in the wind ....you no ..now its (surpose your out to night) then ...lol

we have a lone tree in the allotment behind the house that's my marker,missus has caught on to it now so i know exactly where your coming from :thumbs:

some days its just being out and about in beautiful countryside with my lad and the dogs sitting at lunch time having a bit crack but its more than anything watching a dog ive known from being a tiny pup mature into a first class working dog every muscle taught in anticipation, head cocked, paw up waiting for the bolt and seeing that dog fly off at the break and snatch that rabbit before he even makes the first bend.

i dont care if we catch two or twenty two

to me its all about the chase, if i could have it my way the hare would be let go unharmed after being caught. just seeing the dog on its quarry is enough for me

all about just testing your dog ...same as me..might be slated on here for this , but not about numbers for me just gettin the dogs right in amongst it ..atb ..chris

simple answer.............just being out there doing it, forgetting all your troubles as the saying goes,f**k the world and everything that's going on in it,for me its a total get away from it all and watching your dog work on the lamp,well you really just cant beat it :thumbs:

:thumbs: