PCP or spring or Co2...

johnbaz

I've collected airguns for years (though i don't shoot very much :no: )

For the consistency and ease of hitting stuff, i prefer my PCP's and Co2 but for being self contained and having a nice bit of recoil, i prefer the springers...

Of these pre charged, i think my favourite (as a tool for seeing off ferral pigeon at work) is the stealth but i like nice timber so i think the Daystate comes in just ahead (2nd from left)..

allrifles5.jpg

As for springers, i must say, i'm more partial to vintage stuff, i have to admire the quality of workmanship of any vintage stuff be it guns, cars, motorcycles or anything really!, i mean they didn't have CNC back then!..

I think i would have a problem picking a fave between my springers..

allrifles6.jpg

allrifles8.jpg

allrifles9.jpg

As for Co2/pneumatics, i think the Sharps ace is my fave but i dislike pumping (a lazy git at heart :icon_redface: )

allrifles10.jpg

Of the lot, i've always thought i would keep the stealth if i could only have one but now i think the nice timber of the mk1 Huntsman has won me over :thumbs:

What's everone's favourite rifle/ combo on here then??, pics would be nice too (i lurve looking at other peoples guns :gunsmilie: )

Cheers, John :)

Nice collection you have there, :gunsmilie:

I love my Air Arms S200 (PCP in my avatar) but I must admit I like the Newest incarnation of the S16 from Edgar Brothers, looks the same but internals are completely changed.

I quite like the look of the Stutzen, now thats what you call a lump of timber :yes:

My XS19 is my favourite springer out of the few I have. Pix are already on here somewhere I believe but heres my favourite image of her:

Bunny_Mod19.jpg

Phantom

here are a few of mine over the months :blink:

scope026.jpg

Picture078.jpg

SP_A0166.jpg

scope023.jpg

Picture067.jpg

from top to bottom we have webley raider 10 in .177, logun s16mk1 in .22, mk3 s200 in .177 , falcon fn12 in .22 hw 77k in .22 and hw100 in .22

Edited by garfield

this is the only picture i have of mine

poor picture i know... its a 177 logun axsor

Seems to do the business regardless of the quality of image :boogie:

Joey, that book along with Deception Point is probably the best book ever written IMHO

Phantom

this is the only picture i have of mine

IMG00020-20100424-0836.jpg

poor picture i know... its a 177 logun axsor

Hmm, as Phantom says- it's putting up a good account of itself but is useless without a good operator, myself i'm a really crap shot, those wabbits would probably have been laffing at me :icon_redface:

John :)

Joey, that book along with Deception Point is probably the best book ever written IMHO

yeah i know my mum brought it over for me when i had my op so i had something to read whilst being laid up :thumbs:

Not a fan of "Tha DaVinci Code" though, nowhere near as good as A&D. "The Righteous Men" is another good one, but if you've not read Deception Point, your missing out :yes:

Soz for the slight detour of the thread :icon_redface: I'll let it get back on course now :thumbs:

Phantom

This is pic of my old Rapid MKII, .177, John Bowket tuned. Awesome deadly accurate, and whisper quiet. Sadly had to sell as my tax bill was larger than expected.

PICT0345.jpg

Now I have gone back to my roots and brought a second hand springer. Its a HW95k in .177, and must say im enjoying my shooting more than ever!

PICT0445.jpg

Im also considering a nice custom stock and a tune up by Sandwell Field Sports just to 'pimp it up' a little. Will have to wait for the pennies to come in again though!

Kind Regards,

Mikeyblue.

P.S Some lovely rifle pics posted so far, keep em comin!

Edited by mikeyblue

Hows the oldtimer shooting Stealthy?

Bet its pretty good for 10M paper punching :yes: You chronoed it yet bud?

Phantom

No mate, not had any time to get it sorted, its still in the same state as in the pic, but this winter I intend to get the HW77 and the old gun restored :D

Hows the oldtimer shooting Stealthy?

Bet its pretty good for 10M paper punching :yes: You chronoed it yet bud?

Phantom

No mate, not had any time to get it sorted, its still in the same state as in the pic, but this winter I intend to get the HW77 and the old gun restored :D

Oh yeah I was going to ask you about about your guns :tongue4: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Phantom

Edited by Phantom