terriers pets/ working dogs

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the terriers we breed wouldnt be suitable for pet homes. i agree with carraghsGem on this. atb mrs A.R.D

Our two Nuttal terriers lived in.... the photos above remind me of them...they were hard as nails but soft in the house.

Just cos your mates dog is like that it doesnt mean every terrier thats kept for digging (which in my opinion most should be) is of the same temperement. My lakie x pats are equally at home in the ken

Hi guys i just recently thought id start a post alot of people say u cant have a terrier as a pet plus a worker me personally i think u can have a pet and as well as a worker?

depends of the breed + what work they are bred for, a lot of terriers bred for hard graft below ground dont make good pets, there is probably the occasional exception to this however.

my "pet" parson russel bitch has however turned into a good bushing terrier and only started hunting at the grand old age of 6 and a half, tbh, i didnt think she had it in her, shes 8 now and very handy when i go ferreting with the lurcher

mine are pets i never had the chance of a kennel when i got em now iv moved there house trained and work hard a few on here have seen em the only prob is they take alot more time ro mature and i firmly believe if i kenneled em from outset they would be better workers... its hard though all they wanna do is work

working terriers are not pets simple reason being they mess up and they gotta go you can like a working terrier but you can never love one you never no what will happen when your mouching about :big_boss:

lol there workers in my eyes not the missis. she loves it when they come home marked up....NOT.

Hi guys i just recently thought id start a post alot of people say u cant have a terrier as a pet plus a worker me personally i think u can have a pet and as well as a worker?

depends of the breed + what work they are bred for, a lot of terriers bred for hard graft below ground dont make good pets, there is probably the occasional exception to this however.

my "pet" parson russel bitch has however turned into a good bushing terrier and only started hunting at the grand old age of 6 and a half, tbh, i didnt think she had it in her, shes 8 now and very handy when i go ferreting with the lurcher

completely agree :thumbs:

working terriers are not pets simple reason being they mess up and they gotta go you can like a working terrier but you can never love one you never no what will happen when your mouching about :big_boss:

lol there workers in my eyes not the missis. she loves it when they come home marked up....NOT.

my wife is spot on.come home a few times with a terrier that got too close for too long.its the fleas,ticks and soil all over them she doesnt like but she runs them straight to the shower AND dries them :notworthy:

yes you can.pets and workers

hunting181.jpg

hunting188.jpg

hunting164.jpg

hunting055.jpg

2007_0322house0016.jpg

hunting181.jpg

hunting188.jpg

hunting164.jpg

hunting055.jpg

2007_0322house0016.jpg

Hi fish thats a nice looking patt :)

hunting181.jpg

hunting188.jpg

hunting164.jpg

hunting055.jpg

2007_0322house0016.jpg

Hi fish thats a nice looking patt :)

hows it breed is it from the uk....ATB x38