2 vixens before dark

I had a wander around one of my farms yesterday evening. I spied a fox crossing a stubble behind a small copse from a couple of fields away so I quickly raced to the front of the copse hoping the fox would come out my side. On arrival I spied the fox travelling the far hedgeline , I tried a shot at about 180 yards as the fox was about to go through the hedge but I missed. The fox came running towards me through some rushes and stopped about 130 yards away , I missed again :censored: I didnt know what was happening . The fox raced off this time at speed heading back towards the copse , I hollered and am glad to say dropped it with my 3rd shot :icon_redface: All I can think of was I had a bad bout of snatching !!

post-29-004795900 1281647399_thumb.jpg

Just for peace of mind I saw a hare out feeding so tried a neck shot at 100 yards and am pleased to say nothing wrong with zero it was just me snatching ....

post-29-090689300 1281647518_thumb.jpg

I rang Ratch to see if he wanted to go lamping and as I waited for him in the car I noticed another fox hunting some rushes . I grabbed my rifle and that was the 2 nd vixen of the evening in the bag :thumbs:

post-29-040090700 1281647625_thumb.jpg

We then had a look out lamping with Ratchs new .17 HMR and thinned out a few hares. I only shoot this ground for hares once a season then they are left alone in peace....

post-29-009369500 1281647724_thumb.jpg

Just when we were nearly finished lamping my Lightforce packed up , the soldering had come away from the wires inside the connector so it was the night over ...

• Like 1

:laugh::laugh: Bugger! As soon as I saw a picture of a shot Hare I thought I'd put short sighted, retarded comment on about what a waste it was. Looks like I was beaten to it :doh:

Shooting anything really is a piece of piss requiring no skill what-so-ever :no: Just point and shoot and they fall like pegs off a line. A real hunter relies on the skills of 'mans best friend'... doesn't do feck all himself mind you (save rip a gate off the hinges and threaten to burn down the landowners barns if they object to his trespass) but takes all the credit for 'training' of his single handed 110% bull X saluki X Colloe X Wolf :toast:

Bollocks to pest control as well... just a good excuse to get your gun off... the ground can be lifting with vermin but thats the farmers problem - its important to wait until the season and conditions are just right... none of this summer stuff or lamping... thats for pussies and messers...f**k yeah! Shooting's for fags!

:whistling:

Nice going by the way lads :thumbs:

Edited by Local
  • Like 1