Good quality russell bitches.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just a few pics of a dig had last year with a bow legged russell,the dig was 13 foot and took 5 hours to a dog that was pushing on 12 years of age,and never gave his quarry an inch,he may have small

plenty of white bow legged dogs over here that are the equal of anything for work and better than most.

some cracking russells on this thread lads,fair play lads...keep em working doing what they,re bred for....atb...darrell.

Posted Images

who needs loads and loads of lines and studs apparently all working like most of the wanky black stuff you see today. theres planty of good russels out there if you know where to look. i can think of atleast 6 stud dogs of very good standard (proper digging dogs and good stamp.), thats just with what i know and without trying to find any. these start in the deep south all the way up to the scots border.

there maybe alot more coloured stuff but in ratio terms just as many usable studs if you want to breed for quality working ability.

Edited by JR Yipp

I also know of a few good stud dogs but thats only half the story and thats why i was just asking for bitch pics just to see whats out there really nothing more.

sorry mate, yes that is half the story. but its the studs you hear of. there are just as many good bitches on a similar scheme.

Are the russells you've got from over the water or did you take them with you Smasher ?

the type of russels i use, and have used were local,its what was used here before the black stuff became fashionable,its what i started of with and stuck to it,old habits die hard,i have also kept blacks and still do,i have no personal preferance of size,shape or colour as long as it does an honest days graft,and have been lucky enough to have seen some good terriers doing there thing over the years,and some of the better ones were never much to look at,but would have a place in my yard any day,

Now are there any good russell type bitches out there?and i'm not talking about short bow legged,snipey nosed prick eared cr*p but well put together nice strong headed/muzzeled bitches that can do a proper days graft and before anyone asks for a pic of my russell bitch i only have russell dogs(good stamps of russells though :laugh: ).

I have been working that bow legged type of russell [CRAP] since i began digging,maybe you can show us the type of PROPER GRAFT yours do,a few pics would be nice so maybe i can see where i have been going wrong,

and some cracking rissells you work aswell pal.Is your old dog still grafting pal

how do scent,the old dog will still graft if need be,and has done very recently

Are the russells you've got from over the water or did you take them with you Smasher ?

the type of russels i use, and have used were local,its what was used here before the black stuff became fashionable,its what i started of with and stuck to it,old habits die hard,i have also kept blacks and still do,i have no personal preferance of size,shape or colour as long as it does an honest days graft,and have been lucky enough to have seen some good terriers doing there thing over the years,and some of the better ones were never much to look at,but would have a place in my yard any day,

Smasher your a disgrace! :thumbs: would you not smarten up that dogs line with a bit of wirehaired foxterrier blood or lakie?

seriously you'd save yourself 100's of hour of digging and have a shed full of rosettes.

surely the heading should be "show quality" rather than quality. For working terriers, quality isn't seen in form.

AVERT YOUR EYES NOW :sick: :sick: :sick: Work Quality

post-2854-064950700 1281548693_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Bryan

is this the dog you are on about smasher ,looks a good strong little dog-what part of the country did he come out of.used to see lots of that type about a few years ago.Id have a dog like that over an overpriced ballerina parson JR any day

post-50658-068840000 1281551533_thumb.jpg

Edited by tinytiger

Smasher your a disgrace! :thumbs: would you not smarten up that dogs line with a bit of wirehaired foxterrier blood or lakie?

seriously you'd save yourself 100's of hour of digging and have a shed full of rosettes.

surely the heading should be "show quality" rather than quality. For working terriers, quality isn't seen in form.

good man bryan,ive allways had a soft spot for this type,looks like its earned its keep too,bitch?keep it real

beautiful just beautiful