The Pigeons I couldnt get in the other post

Good shooting Bill no prisoners taken there mate :thumbs::thumbs:

How do you rate the HW100 Bill? I'm asking as I fancy somthing a bit lighter than this gun, this weighs a tad over 10lbs scoped and fine when resting but this time of the year when I'm scanning with the scope through the folidge its a killer to hold up for long, there was a couple of guns I liked includeing the R10 but I do like the German Engineering when it comes to guns..........

atb

Tony

Hi Tony.

How are you mate, hope you and the family are well....have the natives warmed yet? :D

Thanks for your comment buudy. :thumbs:

The HW100 is a smashing rifle, mine wieghs in at 11lbs 2ozs with scope and bipod and is .22

I think the HW100KT is about 8lbs unscoped?

To be honest, I shoot her from the bipod mostly, kneeling/sitting is not a problem, but the stander's are better with support ( for me anyway :D )

Quality build, the magazine index is perfect, side lever cocking so smooth, not a bit of trouble with her.

I got myself an AAs200 .177 for mooching / lamping, and stalking, because its light and pointable, very accurate too!!.......worth considering mate :yes:

O.K. the build quality is no where near the HW, but its a very servisable and usable rifle.

A case of the right tool for the job I suppose, Im very happy with my choices :)

I alway's plan my shoot before i leave the house, I know exactly where I want to go, what the ground/ cover is like, and then choose what rifle and kit I think i will need to suit the outing.

The R10 is a cracking rifle IF you get a good one, I have been sooooo tempted to get one in the past, but I always have that nagging doubt in my mind, will it be ok ?

If you get a good one, smashing rifle and very comfortable :thumbs:

Let us know what you get mate, and good luck with your choice.

ATB.

Bill.

Hi Tony.

How are you mate, hope you and the family are well....have the natives warmed yet? :D

Thanks for your comment buudy. :thumbs:

The HW100 is a smashing rifle, mine wieghs in at 11lbs 2ozs with scope and bipod and is .22

I think the HW100KT is about 8lbs unscoped?

To be honest, I shoot her from the bipod mostly, kneeling/sitting is not a problem, but the stander's are better with support ( for me anyway :D )

Quality build, the magazine index is perfect, side lever cocking so smooth, not a bit of trouble with her.

I got myself an AAs200 .177 for mooching / lamping, and stalking, because its light and pointable, very accurate too!!.......worth considering mate :yes:

O.K. the build quality is no where near the HW, but its a very servisable and usable rifle.

A case of the right tool for the job I suppose, Im very happy with my choices :)

I alway's plan my shoot before i leave the house, I know exactly where I want to go, what the ground/ cover is like, and then choose what rifle and kit I think i will need to suit the outing.

The R10 is a cracking rifle IF you get a good one, I have been sooooo tempted to get one in the past, but I always have that nagging doubt in my mind, will it be ok ?

If you get a good one, smashing rifle and very comfortable :thumbs:

Let us know what you get mate, and good luck with your choice.

ATB.

Bill.

Nice one mate its good to hear from you and see you're showing mo mercy with that rifle of yours.

I know what you're saying about the R10! I think Zini got himself a cracker but I have read some Horror stories, then again! I have heard plenty about this the Air Ranger I have here, don't get me wrong its a cracking rifle and gets the job done but there was a few niggly things with the Barrel shroud and Breach sealing washer that I didn't like, I re-tapped the threads on the barrel shroud housing to 3mm to make it more secure and fitted 0 rings along the barrel which helps cushion the shroud when its slid over the barrel which helped any movement, as far as the breach washer is concerened I'm still not happy! its a tiny 0 ring fitted over the end of the bolt probe and seems very flimsy, I'm not convinced its making the perfect seal.......

I suppose I must be a bit of a Krout at heart Bill as most things I buy are manufactured in Germany! My Incubators are german Grumbach too. after reading you write up I suppose the reason the HW100 is so heavy is because its built like a brick shit house! I can imagine its got quality stamped right through it like a stick of rock.......

Still struggling with the natives Bill! not for the want of trying but they are a strange lot to say the least. they had a clay shoot and BBQ the other saturday so I thought I would take a wander over but decided to leave the shotty at home! it was a case of people only talking when you talk to them and even then is was only to answer then dead silence. another guy who I have now worked out is a serial bull shitter told me before he was sponsored by Mirokou and shot for England! I walked over to the trap he was shooting which was labled 5 pairs of Jays! <Clays>, he probably hit at the most 50% and was useing a old Lanber not a sponsored Mirokou. I couldn't help shouting when he finished! "Thats one hell of a Mirokou you have there, I hope you shoot f*****g better the next time you shoot for England". at least this brought a laugh with most other people there knowing what he is about.....

Thanks for the info on the guns pal! I'm seriously thinking of moving on the Air Ranger but hopeing to get somthing lighter which will knock out a fair few pellet on a single charge...

Take Cae

Tony

come now jasper fufill your destiny... (cue asthma inhalor) you cannot resist the power of the dark side...(cue asthma inhalor)

(cue lord vader theme tune)

all together now- dar dar dar, dar dit dar, dar dar dar, dar dit dar

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cheers, wurz

The darkside temps to more to the fould, resistance is futile :D

Said in the best Seven of Nine Voice (man is she hot Hot HOT)

Resistance is futile indeed, but the force that is "lack o' brass" is so very strong in me :yes:

So I shall not sucombe to the Dark Side until I defeat the Evil force that rules my life at the moment.

Phantom

Edited by Phantom

The darkside temps to more to the fould, resistance is futile :D

Said in the best Seven of Nine Voice (man is she hot Hot HOT)

Resistance is futile indeed, but the force that is "lack o' brass" is so very strong in me :yes:

So I shall not sucombe to the Dark Side until I defeat the Evil force that rules my life at the moment.

Phantom

Big thumbs up on 7 of 9 :tongue4:

hi ya bill

nice shooting there buddy

and nice pictures to pal :thumbs:

the hw100 looks very nice to pal

shay

Hiya Shay.

Cheer's me dear :thumbs:

Yes still happy with the Dark One :D

Had an off raod trailer made for it.........easier to pull around the field's :D

ATB.

Bill.