no wonder no kids take it up. !

looking at some of the comments about hoodies chaves and general swipes at younge dog men is it any wonder that kids prefer a computer game to a nights lamping.

a lot of you on here should be ashamed with yourselfs !

i judge someone on how much game there dogs take not there age. im 28 i had my first lurcher at 11 when my grandfather died and i lernt with hes working bitch.

at times people were so unhelpful youd think they were in a (terreir men are worse still)secrete society! people couldnt beleive when they came round to pick a pup off a 16 year old boy that i knew about what mix would make the best lamping dog for the area. thoses who took a chance ended up with some very competent workers.

the most unhelpfull people when i was younger were the show and racing types. and as iv since found out all there dogs are capable of doing is prancing round a ring or chase a stupid lure.when there rubbish is not infront of a judge there owner is far too freindlie with :kiss: there dogs arent worth a carrot.

Boys and girls if you want to hunt in trackies hoddies or moleskins and tweeds thats your choice.

if i can help a youngser now iv got a little expereince ill be proud too.

i a know what you mean mate theres some proper stuck up c**ts on here f*****g divies if you ask me .am geting my nephew into it hes just got 2 pups for next year and he'll be coming out with me i were air max aswell but we'll not be smashing no fences down nor lamping one place all the time atb.

spot on. this should be passed down as a working class tradition. at the end of the day everyone lernt from someone. and not everyones lucky enougth to have a dad whos into dogs and access to use his working dogs.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

looking at some of the comments about hoodies chaves and general swipes at younge dog men is it any wonder that kids prefer a computer game to a nights lamping. a lot of you on here should be ashame

This hunting with dogs 'thing' comes and goes in small waves, up and down the country, year in year out. Many youngsters take on a dog be it Lurcher or terrier and try their hand. For most it' a way '

Guest fence_hopper

looking at some of the comments about hoodies chaves and general swipes at younge dog men is it any wonder that kids prefer a computer game to a nights lamping.

a lot of you on here should be ashamed with yourselfs !

i judge someone on how much game there dogs take not there age. im 28 i had my first lurcher at 11 when my grandfather died and i lernt with hes working bitch.

at times people were so unhelpful youd think they were in a (terreir men are worse still)secrete society! people couldnt beleive when they came round to pick a pup off a 16 year old boy that i knew about what mix would make the best lamping dog for the area. thoses who took a chance ended up with some very competent workers.

the most unhelpfull people when i was younger were the show and racing types. and as iv since found out all there dogs are capable of doing is prancing round a ring or chase a stupid lure.when there rubbish is not infront of a judge there owner is far too freindlie with :kiss: there dogs arent worth a carrot.

Boys and girls if you want to hunt in trackies hoddies or moleskins and tweeds thats your choice.

if i can help a youngser now iv got a little expereince ill be proud too.

i a know what you mean mate theres some proper stuck up c**ts on here f*****g divies if you ask me .am geting my nephew into it hes just got 2 pups for next year and he'll be coming out with me i were air max aswell but we'll not be smashing no fences down nor lamping one place all the time atb.

so you are getting your nephew into the sport, your obviously teaching him well 2 pups to start of with lol who's the divie?

To be honest the sport would be in a much better state if about 60 % or more of those who kept running dogs didn't. Yes, for some it will keep them out of trouble but in the case of many others it brings trouble into our sport.

im 14 and was thinking of getting a terrier but was advised by the men on the terrier section to get a lurcher. im thinking of a beddlington cross but i need to look for another permission as mine is a mountain with very very little flat land on it and i dont want to run my dog on land that it will just hurt itself on.

jarrod

im 14 and was thinking of getting a terrier but was advised by the men on the terrier section to get a lurcher. im thinking of a beddlington cross but i need to look for another permission as mine is a mountain with very very little flat land on it and i dont want to run my dog on land that it will just hurt itself on.

jarrod

just run rabbits where you find them mate. its lovely to have good permission but iv only had permission a year.hare coursings a bit diffrent because youv got to be able to stand up to a angry farmer if you need too. i never had any trouble lamping just use yourhead dont lamp outside farm houses or road sides and youll be o.k to be honest its not much of a nick a few rabbits ! ! :thumbs: Edited by baldockbanks courser

NO KIDS TAKING IT UP ???????

FECKIN HELL THERE HUNDREDS ROUND HERE ....... NORMALLY OUT FERRETING ALL SUMMER NO LOCATORS TRENCHING SETTS ....... OR KILLING LEVERETS ....... :feck:

DUCKWING

ive noticed your a real clever twat in a few of your posts if your gona be a cock dont post :thumbdown::feck: i syuppose your one of them thats never been young

This hunting with dogs 'thing' comes and goes in small waves, up and down the country, year in year out. Many youngsters take on a dog be it Lurcher or terrier and try their hand. For most it' a way 'in' with another crew,a sort of status thing, killing stuff.

Few last any distance, next year its quad bikes, year after their selling weed.... Same old, same old.

The 'fall out' of such bursts can be a little upsetting to 'genuine folk' but unfortunatley its just the way of the world!!

Personally, I don't care if a kid is wearing his trainies, trackkies or what ever else, as long as he is keen enough and willing to put the effort in, listen and try, serve an apprenticship so to speak, i did and so did the majority of the friends I started out with. These kids will soon learn that them trainies will feck 'em up on a freezing, wet night in January when the game is thick on the ground and only a long night will do, but if they last the course, what great dog men they may be!

These days money is easy to come by for those willing to live in the shadows and each year a few raise their status by buying a fast dog, beefed up 4x4 and all the camo gear, this year it spinning fields, the next its 'at Her Majestys', and later 'retire' to the boozer to tell tall tales of wild bloodthirsty outings.... life in the 'fast lane' eh!

If on this site, YOU, can offer any help to genuine youngsters starting out then why not make the effort, thats what this site should always try to do, you never know how they'll turn out, maybe you'll be running or digging next to 'em in a few years time... as it should be!

:thumbs:

• Like 3

I hate kids bunch of moaning whinging twats, always wanting something...f**k em if they cant get out of the pram themselves to get it, its not my fault :thumbs:

I have a 19 year old who has been brought up around it almost all his life. he knocks around with lads who have different views on this game to me, and i tell them what i think but at the end of the day its their own personal choice they are men now. experience will prove me right i know that they just have to find out for themselves.

interesting to note that due to a recent crack down on lampers in the north yorkshire area the level of rural crime has fallen by 20% in that area. not all young people are criminals just most of them and its easier to tar them all with the same brush than try and understand them. put them all in the army etc etc :tongue2:

I hate kids bunch of moaning whinging twats, always wanting something...f**k em if they cant get out of the pram themselves to get it, its not my fault :thumbs:

I have a 19 year old who has been brought up around it almost all his life. he knocks around with lads who have different views on this game to me, and i tell them what i think but at the end of the day its their own personal choice they are men now. experience will prove me right i know that they just have to find out for themselves.

interesting to note that due to a recent crack down on lampers in the north yorkshire area the level of rural crime has fallen by 20% in that area. not all young people are criminals just most of them and its easier to tar them all with the same brush than try and understand them. put them all in the army etc etc :tongue2:

i did my apprenticship so to speak, i carried ferrets nets etc got the odd go with the .410 when i started out but like i said i started with fishing but my great uncles mates went shooting an ferreting so i got to go and watch and carry stuff like loads of dead rabbits, learned how to gut and skin them and cook them, learned how to tie flies with the hair from a springer spaniel bloody good too. theres only 1 of those old boys left now an hes in a wheel chair, they taught me respect for my quarry and most importantly how to catch it. I am forever in there debt. Thanks Billy, Gordon and Freddie I owe you. (RIP Gordon and Billy)

jarrod

just run rabbits where you find them mate. its lovely to have good permission but iv only had permission a year.hare coursings a bit diffrent because youv got to be able to stand up to a angry farmer if you need too. i never had any trouble lamping just use yourhead dont lamp outside farm houses or road sides and youll be o.k to be honest its not much of a nick a few rabbits ! ! :thumbs:

FFS,You said in your earlier post about giving younsters a chance and showing them the right way to behave,now you are on about being "able to stand up to a angry farmer",that's really seting an example!!!!!

To be honest the sport would be in a much better state if about 60 % or more of those who kept running dogs didn't. Yes, for some it will keep them out of trouble but in the case of many others it brings trouble into our sport.

Most sensible post on here... And for the other 40%, it would be best if they didn't have a computer lol.

spot on. this should be passed down as a working class tradition. at the end of the day everyone lernt from someone. and not everyones lucky enougth to have a dad whos into dogs and access to use his working dogs.

Best post so far, thats how i got into dog's though a bloke who worked down the pit with my dad. he kept working beddys used to take me out rabbiting and to all the shows up and down yorkshire. its all well and good slagging kids off but if no one take's them under their wing how they ment to learn???

Guest it's all my land after 12

NO KIDS TAKING IT UP ???????

FECKIN HELL THERE HUNDREDS ROUND HERE ....... NORMALLY OUT FERRETING ALL SUMMER NO LOCATORS TRENCHING SETTS ....... OR KILLING LEVERETS ....... :feck:

DUCKWING

WHY NOT TAKE THEM OUT IN THE WINTER AND SHOW THEM HOW TO DO IT PROPERLY ! (educate them).......

"give me a rabbit and feed me for a day, teach me to catch a rabbit and feed me for life" (CPN)

Edited by it's all my land after 12

I don't think it's a good idea to go out hunting in track suit and trainers, to farmers and police you'll just look like another chav out to cause damage.

A bit of army surplus costs very little and to some of the public you may even look like your allowed to be on the land, just common sense really.