Been a while......

Hi all.

Not been out of late, which has been pure torture and very frustrating.

But thought Id give it a go yesterday evening for a couple of hour's.

First thing's first, check zero.....I was shooting an inch high at 30yds :icon_eek: so made the adjustment's and carried on.

As I was walking saw three Magpies land in a tree ahead, I dropped gently and slowly to the floor, and watched, and waited.

Sure enough the three of them left the tree and landed ay 73yds in the field ahead of my position.

They were hopping about all over the place for about 10/15 minutes, but would NOT come any closer :doh: in the end the three flew off.

I stayed put for a while, and then saw a bunny pop out from the bracken, he was jumping about all over the place, funny to see, obviously having a good time......that was soon to end, I ranged him at 33yds, took the shot, and down he went, sweet as a nut.

I stayed put and left him where he fell, hoping for another to come out.

Sure enough about 20 minutes later out came number 2, lazed at 28 yds, let the shot go, and bunny fell. :thumbs:

Made a move then to another field, approached the gate quietly and knelt by the post, I was hidden by stinger's.

Peering through the stingers I saw one sat out from the hedge lazed at 47yds, leant against the post, steadied the aim, and let the shot go, poor old bunnykins leapt in the air and was then still on the floor, number three down.

As this was my first time out for a while I didnt want to over do it, so started to make my way back to the car, on the way I saw one aapear ahead of me, I froze to the spot, let him settle down, then slowly laid myself down, lazed him at 38 yds, shouldered the cannon, squeezed the shot off, and that was it for number four.

It was so nice to be back out there again, but I paid for it this morning for a while :D

post-41269-081893500 1279566599_thumb.jpg

Here they are......bless em ;):thumbs:

Bill.

• Like 4

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all.   Not been out of late, which has been pure torture and very frustrating.   But thought Id give it a go yesterday evening for a couple of hour's. First thing's first, check zero.....I was

Posted Images

Nice going Bill :clapper:

Will you be pushing your self to Swindon this weekend?

SPA :thumbs:

Phantom

Hi Tony.

Fanx mate :thumbs:

The only thing putting me off of Swindon buddy, is the 2 1/2 hour drive in the van, normaly it wouldnt be a problem at all.

Im going to give it till weds / thurs and see how things are buddy.

Bill.

Don't be a wuss :tongue2: (revenge)

I got 5 hours train ride :thumbdown:

But I do sympathise with having to drive that long in your condition :yes:

Phantom

:clapper::clapper::clapper:Revenge is sweet :tongue2: .....nice shot me dear......right in the gut's :11:

So your letting the Train take the strain mate :good: good move, I love a good train ride....... relaxing.

Yeah mate, its a long time in the saddle....not too worried about my back, its just that my farmer jiles start weeping after an hour :bad: :crazy: :D:D

Fixed that Machine yet????? :D

ATB.

Bill.

nice work bill, good to see youre able to get back out there again buddy...sp for the write up mate :thumbs:

all the best, wurz

Hiya Wurz.

Thanks buddy :thumbs:

Was it you looking for a vintage rifle to shoot with?

There are THREE in for sale section mate :thumbs:

If it wasnt you Im getting mixed up :doh: Ill put it down to a seniour moment :D;)

Cheers mate.

Bill.