to work, or am i being naive

Maybe you should. :whistling:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i was offerd one out of really good stuff for 350 quid i couldnt bring myself to pay it , if the same guy who offerd me the pup wanted one of mine i would be charging in the region of 100 covering cos

why the f**k would anyone want to kennel club register a working terrier??? Oh yeah, MONEY!

a couple of good working borders

Posted Images

no i haven,t had the experience thankfully,

on the day the dog already held a MFH working certificate

so was a tried and tested working terrier so i fully expected it

what about Bonsal have you seen him work ?

Think he is pretty much retired now.

Guest sparky

no i haven,t had the experience thankfully,

on the day the dog already held a MFH working certificate

so was a tried and tested working terrier so i fully expected it

Maybe you should. :whistling:

should what?

Guest sparky
should what?

Go see him work again, he may surprise you.

i cant see him work "again" as i didnt see the dog work

the first time, he refused to enter an occupied earth,

as the dog was a holder of a mfh working certificate at the time

i think it reasonable to presume that he was a "working" terrier.

i would gladly see the dog in the country again but would

also like your explanation as to why he was a cull that day..

• 3 weeks later...

Well my Border dog saw his first Racoon at 9 1/2 months and has been dug to several times since then, and is going strength to strength, he was bred by Nancy Adamson in West Virginia who has bred lots of good working dogs, her husband breeds Bear hounds to, i also have a sister who is slower than her brother but is coming along nice. there is good and bad in all breeds and for all you lads that are going to tell me the Black dogs are the best worker etc etc ... I've seen plenty of shite Black dogs as i have seen plenty of shite Lakies and Russells

For those people bitching about prices, there are breeders of Blacks, Lakelands, and Russell's all charging just as much as people are asking for Borders and sometimes more !!!! why shouldn't someone charge a decent price for a pup, if he has good quality 100% working stuff ? he or she has probably spent a lot of time money and effort working looking after and caring for their animals, you hear on here all the time all the Martyrs that wouldn't charge people for a pup!! well good for you, what do you want a Mother Theriesa award for humanity !!notworthy.gif so some people won't be able to afford them, so they'll go and buy a cheaper pup thats life, i'd like a Aston Martin but a can't afford one so i suppose the ford pick up i have will have to do

• 2 weeks later...

mate ive got 2 border jacks and 1 chocolate patterdale i know theyre not pure borders but when ive asked them to go to ground theyve done so very well ive not done alot of digging with them i mostly do rabbiting and ratting my patterdales 10 month old now so i hope to do a bit with him soon they seem to be everyones favourite

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hi all anyone working borders below ground if so what they like any info would be great

had a border dog up until last year died after a 8 ft dig very hard dog gud as any black dog ive had

also had a bitch of the lads from cobh some years back she self entered at 7 months killed her fox sadly picked up poison

while out exerciseing at d age of 5 get dem right gud as any breed