Hi guys, im going on a vermin control course to get some experience in pest control but just wondering where is the best place to get some insurance is and what type of insurance i would need if i were to do some trapping jobs.

Thanks Billy

Edited by billbroon

Hi guys, im going on a vermin control course to get some experience in pest control but just wondering where is the best place to get some insurance is and what type of insurance i would need if i were to do some trapping jobs.

Thanks Billy

I use bill fountain and pay around £500 which is good for the amount of cover i have.

Thanks Billy

I use bill fountain and pay around £500 which is good for the amount of cover i have.

try nfu

Thanks Billy

firstly, are you going to be charging for your services, trapping etc, as if not, then a normal membership with SACS will cover your insurance,public liability etc

if your going to charge, then any of the above

Thanks Billy

firstly, are you going to be charging for your services, trapping etc, as if not, then a normal membership with SACS will cover your insurance,public liability etc

if your going to charge, then any of the above

Ive been doing a bit of pest control on the estate i work rabbits, moles ect and a few people have asked me to give them prices to do there moles, so i am just looking into insurance so i can do it properly. I got a quote of go compare for £190 for the year. How does that sound to u guys.

Billy

Insurance is like anything else; you get what you pay for.

Like HoW, I employ people, so have to have employers liability as well as public liability. I do mine through Bradshaw Bennet, and get great service from them.

If you have a problem, which could cost you thousands, you may regret trying to save a couple of hundred quid when the insurance doesn't pay out.

Ive been doing a bit of pest control on the estate i work rabbits, moles ect and a few people have asked me to give them prices to do there moles, so i am just looking into insurance so i can do it properly. I got a quote of go compare for £190 for the year. How does that sound to u guys.

Billy

You will need to look into the smallprint. Like matt says you need proper insurance. Tossers out there are looking for a fast buck through this blame and claim culture, and mole traps are a target. You can trip on them or fall on them. If your not insured properly and sued then you could theorhetically lose your house.