After speaking to one of my farmers the other night he was quite concerned at the number of foxes about especially as one had just wiped out all his ducks :censored: so I said I would have a look out lamping and thin a few out hopefully.

Me and Ratcherman arrived just before dark and sat in the car til dark . About 100 yards from the car a little owl was going crackers and I thought to myself charlie is about , just then he emerged onto the road beside me and stared straight at me through the car window. As soon as he moved I jumped out of the car and grabbed my rifle , Ratch flicked the lamp on and the tell tale orange eyes glowed back . I released a round and heard the thwack , on inspection though it was a cub and not the fox I had just seen. A quick squeak and No 2 was accounted for.

This continued for the next hour and a half , I managed to bag 7 cubs but no adults.We saw 12 foxes so another trip back there shortly is on the cards.

Spoke to the farmer this morning and he was delighted :thumbs:

post-29-038194900 1278764734_thumb.jpg

Edited by FOXHUNTER

Good going :thumbs:

I'm pretty sure I have not been past 6 in a night personally, 5 a few times, including a job only about 10 days ago in a domestic suburban back garden when I took out Mum, Dad and all 3 cubs, arrived 21.15 and gone by 22.30.

If only all the jobs went that well!

:thumbs:

There are alot of 'cowboy' pest control companies out there that offer a 'catch and release' service to comfort and make the client not feel so guilty in their actions.This action only adds to the problems and some farmer's are swamped with urban foxes being literally dumped on their land.

Most released urban foxes would only die of starvation if not shot anyway, hopefully before they have killed/attacked any livestock or game birds in their battle against starvation and mange.

There's nothing more dangerous than a hungry fox.

Anyone that see's vehicles 'dumping' foxes should have take down the vehicle reg. and report the matter to the local Police Wildlife Liaison Officer.

All my trapped foxes get a .22 Rimfire round each regardless of location.

Client's are made aware from the start what happens and if they do not agree, I simply walk away.

Edited by Urban Fox Control London

I hear this alot about eye colour. we are all different but they have never looked orange to me.(and i've personally shot very close to 2,000 now). Very light green bordering white to me even under a red/amber filter, white under blue/green.

My lamping buddy sees them as yellow ???

Deer green badgers orange and rabbits/hares red

Edited by john robbo

I hear this alot about eye colour. we are all different but they have never looked orange to me.(and i've personally shot very close to 2,000 now). Very light green bordering white to me even under a red/amber filter, white under blue/green.

My lamping buddy sees them as yellow ???

Deer green badgers orange and rabbits/hares red

I must have missed something ...but fox has orange eyes to me, although I have had a couple over the last two years with BLUE eyes, very unusual and new to me...my lad is colour blind and sees things I find strange, who knows what who else sees, but as long as it is consistant does it really matter? :hmm::thumbs: