charlie lines

no axe to grinde here just wondering what happened with all those plans and world beaters.

Even the best laid plans can go wrong and where did i ever mention world beaters.I think we can all be guilty of thinking the grass is greener elsewhere unfortunatly i didnt get what i hoped for so ive gone back to what i know works.Like the old saying goes if it aint broke dont try to fix it.

mated a bitch out of charlie to its half bred brother a chocolate dog owned by ste e ,, the pups turned out to be good grafters,

plenty of hard work sorts the quality of the line , if it works for u why change it ? stick to the workers you get results with ,their is good n bad in all the breeds ,

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Charlie x Meg the dog i lost

la's grip     jg's Ice.. double bred sparticus bitch           daughter to grip and Ice     her litter mate brother       their son.. my dog snoop            

Posted Images

no axe to grinde here just wondering what happened with all those plans and world beaters.

Even the best laid plans can go wrong and where did i ever mention world beaters.I think we can all be guilty of thinking the grass is greener elsewhere unfortunatly i didnt get what i hoped for so ive gone back to what i know works.Like the old saying goes if it aint broke dont try to fix it.

mated a bitch out of charlie to its half bred brother a chocolate dog owned by ste e ,, the pups turned out to be good grafters,

plenty of hard work sorts the quality of the line , if it works for u why change it ? stick to the workers you get results with ,their is good n bad in all the breeds ,

Seen that dog myself dave123 not my cup of tea,like i posted before he walk's off when he does not get it all his own way not stud dog material in my opinion.

You did well if you got a good percentage of workers from that breeding mate.Charlies owner told me just the other night that he never had any luck when breeding charlie sons and daughters together no matter how good the dogs were and believed he was much better used as an outcross to pure terriers alyhough he did say that Diggory seemed to have more luck linebreeding on charlie and keith(kilo).My opinion for what its worth is that when you line/inbreed on terriers that have bull in them however small the percentage the bull gene can rise to the top and start to dominate and you can loose the terrier instinct if your not careful.
  • Like 2

My opinion for what its worth is that when you line/inbreed on terriers that have bull in them however small the percentage the bull gene can rise to the top and start to dominate and you can loose the terrier instinct if your not careful.

My opinion for what its worth is that you breed for type/colour rather than working ability as i read through some of your old posts.

quote, benefits were real powerful jaws and unbelievable weight and strength for dogs their size.

they are earth dogs not weight pulling machines. I also like a good head, but working ability should come first in all breeding plans.

edited to say southdurham not downsouth was Billy not bred by SE, as he told me he bred him.

Edited by jarhead

You did well if you got a good percentage of workers from that breeding mate.Charlies owner told me just the other night that he never had any luck when breeding charlie sons and daughters together no matter how good the dogs were and believed he was much better used as an outcross to pure terriers alyhough he did say that Diggory seemed to have more luck linebreeding on charlie and keith(kilo).My opinion for what its worth is that when you line/inbreed on terriers that have bull in them however small the percentage the bull gene can rise to the top and start to dominate and you can loose the terrier instinct if your not careful.

my bitch was charli x with a lakey type bitch , i mated this bitch to a charli bred dog called jasper (had some good digs with this dog ) some of the litter turned out ok . then as the bitch got older i crossed her to ste e dog (havent seen this dog work just heard about the dog ) had good reports from the lads

who got pups from this litter( . they only tell u the good bits)?. had some good dogs off niel over the years ,jasper ,jester,

Jarhead your opinion to me dont mean s**t.As for breeding for colour the breedings using the charlie blood has produced blacks,reds and even a brindle which is the dog ive used twice back on my bitches if id bred for colour id have stuck with the stuff from wales as it produced all chocolates so that pi**es on that theory.And yes i do like the try to breed for the physical qualities mentioned,if im going to send a dog in to do a job its nice to know its going in with the right tools to do it.Again the dog i kept back from the breeding to the welsh dog was one of the smartest things you could wish to see with alovely strong head so thats another theory wrong.As for working ability i would have thought that would have been obviouse.I see you and Gatwick are both newbie members and are just repeating what another nobody wrote almost word for word over a year ago im guessing you are all the same person,If not your just two of his little crew of sycophants that cant think for yourselves.Also why are you asking me about the Billy dog hes not mine and i never bred him.Why dont you stick up a few pics of your dogs for everyone to see as youve got nothing positive to say about anyone elses.

• Like 1

my bitch was charli x with a lakey type bitch , i mated this bitch to a charli bred dog called jasper (had some good digs with this dog ) some of the litter turned out ok . then as the bitch got older i crossed her to ste e dog (havent seen this dog work just heard about the dog ) had good reports from the lads

who got pups from this litter( . they only tell u the good bits)?. had some good dogs off niel over the years ,jasper ,jester,

Just worked out who you are hows it going T

as i said befor my mate had that dog few year ago i seen i walk twice if its same dog and i think it is he sent it back and it was sold again :whistling::whistling:

the dog i used was a chocolate dog of ste e , it was about 4 yr ago ,so he may of selt the dog t ur mate after i used it , ( dont really know ste e , used the dog as i was told good reports abt the dog ) he may well of been a bullshiter dont know ?

Just worked out who you are hows it going T

things are going great how u keeping ,

seems to me all this bull in terriers is a persnal matter :boxing: YEARS ago these bull headed patterdales then would be held back at 6 to 8 months were they natatraly enter and worked .easy to enter easy to spoil ? now who wrote that :hmm: so reading about these little dogs that take long time getting there working heads on if at all seems to me the make up in dogs now isnt what it was then .if i add one of these bully type dogs id av out as soon as with my ole bitch bushing/ratting on cubs let it wake that brain up not left in a kennal growing numb JMHO. but i must say im middleton lakeys all the way now :bye:

• Like 2

seems to me all this bull in terriers is a persnal matter :boxing: YEARS ago these bull headed patterdales then would be held back at 6 to 8 months were they natatraly enter and worked .easy to enter easy to spoil ? now who wrote that :hmm: so reading about these little dogs that take long time getting there working heads on if at all seems to me the make up in dogs now isnt what it was then .if i add one of these bully type dogs id av out as soon as with my ole bitch bushing/ratting on cubs let it wake that brain up not left in a kennal growing numb JMHO. but i must say im middleton lakeys all the way now :bye:

You twat :feck:

You twat :feck:

you nasty little child you should be in school i pm your father later and tell him you need a good thash'in

Downsouth newby i am not.Only get a chance to get on here when am back home.Must say always found neil to be a good genuine guy.For you to state you like to send them to ground with the right tools for the job surely you have to take into consideration the working abillity of the parents ie there workers that stay until the end,so why travel all the way north to use a yoyo dog on your bitch?But is it the first time you have used a yoyo sire on your over bred chocolate bitch?atb jarhead ps if your bitch ever produces a mint yoyo give me a shout i love them.edited my previous post as it was southdurham i meant to ask about se's dog.

Downsouth newby i am not.Only get a chance to get on here when am back home.Must say always found neil to be a good genuine guy.For you to state you like to send them to ground with the right tools for the job surely you have to take into consideration the working abillity of the parents ie there workers that stay until the end,so why travel all the way north to use a yoyo dog on your bitch?But is it the first time you have used a yoyo sire on your over bred chocolate bitch?atb jarhead ps if your bitch ever produces a mint yoyo give me a shout i love them.edited my previous post as it was southdurham i meant to ask about se's dog.

have u seen any pups bred out of the yoyo dog ? like i said i mated my bitch to him 4 year ago and have had some good reports abt the pups ,one was finished at 3 year , no teeth etc left , another small bitch kills 80% of the foxs she works , maybe i was lucky with the mating? we all have are own idea of a perfect dog ?