charlie lines

No argueing that the dog was a bit special in fact N once told me the dog was an absolute ace and like ive said if the man tells you something you can believe it.A real shame the dog ended his life the way he did he deserved better the last time i saw him he was chained to a box next to a big pile of horse s**t looking very sorry for himself.Im not saying the dog didnt produce but i was told charlie produced a higher percentage of workers.Are you still keeping the line going D.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Charlie x Meg the dog i lost

la's grip     jg's Ice.. double bred sparticus bitch           daughter to grip and Ice     her litter mate brother       their son.. my dog snoop            

Posted Images

I have never seen Charlie work, but I have seen a couple of dogs bred down from him. 1 is a dog called Billy that walked of when he was not getting it all his own way, and not for the first time so i was told. The other is a grand son that a mate uses with a hunt, that is not a bad little hunt terrier. Good, and bad in all lines though.

• Like 1

What percentage bull was in the meg breeding?

What were its benefits/downfalls if any?

The 2 dogs out of meg and charlie were 1/16 bull.Benefits were real powerful jaws and unbelievable weight and strength for dogs their size,Dowfall if you want to be picky was the black dog was a little slower than i was used to to mature at 16 months he was going in baying for a bit then walking out and running round with his tail wagging like hed learned a new game but charlies owner had told me to expect this.Then one morning when he was 19 months i let him in an easy place got a mark and dug like f**kwhen we broke through in under 1/12 hour he had a dead fox with half its head missing.This became a regular occurance with him till i lost him.His brother spike started much easier but was always more terrierish and less numb.Ive since used spike on 2 bitches once back to meg and once on a grandaughter of megs brother and the stuff out of it has needed to be held back much like the stuff before i used charlie but if he was still around i would be back up north to use him like a shot.
  • Like 2

I have never seen Charlie work, but I have seen a couple of dogs bred down from him. 1 is a dog called Billy that walked of when he was not getting it all his own way, and not for the first time so i was told. The other is a grand son that a mate uses with a hunt, that is not a bad little hunt terrier. Good, and bad in all lines though.

sseen some good and bad in these lines,but as i think youle find in most lines its the same ...as long as your honest with yourself,tell it as it is ,you cant hide a shit dog in good company !!!

• Like 4

I used charlie about seven years ago on my bitch meg and got 2 very good dogs out of a litter of 3,unfortunatly the one i kept was lost to ground but had developed a knack of killing foxes and then eating them if you didnt get to him quick enough,something i was told charlie did often.Ive since used the other dog back on his mother and on a bitch out ofhis mothers litter brother and both times been well pleased with the results.The first time i saw charlie i travelled 5hours with the option of useing 3 different dogs Charlie his half brother Keith aka Kilo or his other half brother Jester when i got there i asked the lads what one they thught i should use and they all pointed at the little fat one with no tail and said him hes the one who will produce the workers.Ive just used a son of charlie on my old bitch and im keeping my fingers crossed that he will produce as good as his father.

dug to kilo with its owner ging p , the dog stuck to the job and 2hrs later we got a result good hard digging dog ,The other dog jester was killed on a dig down somerset he was also a hard mute digging dog , the dogs were bred right . a creditt to the breeder,

The 2 dogs out of meg and charlie were 1/16 bull.Benefits were real powerful jaws and unbelievable weight and strength for dogs their size,Dowfall if you want to be picky was the black dog was a little slower than i was used to to mature at 16 months he was going in baying for a bit then walking out and running round with his tail wagging like hed learned a new game but charlies owner had told me to expect this.Then one morning when he was 19 months i let him in an easy place got a mark and dug like f**kwhen we broke through in under 1/12 hour he had a dead fox with half its head missing.This became a regular occurance with him till i lost him.His brother spike started much easier but was always more terrierish and less numb.Ive since used spike on 2 bitches once back to meg and once on a grandaughter of megs brother and the stuff out of it has needed to be held back much like the stuff before i used charlie but if he was still around i would be back up north to use him like a shot.

last time i read 1 of your posts you couldnt speak highly enough of some stud dogs in wales .what happened there? or am i thinking of another down south, i would of thought if the bitches you have are any cop you would be looking for stud dogs bred the same way from the same lines,if they arent good enough they shouldnt be bred from True? no wonder so much rubbish being bred wonder whos next on the flavour of the month list.

last time i read 1 of your posts you couldnt speak highly enough of some stud dogs in wales .what happened there? or am i thinking of another down south, i would of thought if the bitches you have are any cop you would be looking for stud dogs bred the same way from the same lines,if they arent good enough they shouldnt be bred from True? no wonder so much rubbish being bred wonder whos next on the flavour of the month list.

Iused a stud from wales after a few people recomended him but unfotunately the dog i kept back didnt make what i wanted although other lads are well pleased with theirs.Before that id used charlie a charlie son and ive just used another charlie son so its hardly a new flavour of the month.I see that you have only made a few posts,I guess you have come on for an arguement but have had to do it under a different username.If you have something to say at least stand by it.

Charlie x Meg the dog i lost

smart looking dog mate it a shame how it ended read through your old posts seem very clued up and passionate about this line of terrier its a shame people get jealous and spiteful just show how immature some people are :wankerzo4: good luck with your breeding in the future. ;):good:

no axe to grinde here just wondering what happened with all those plans and world beaters.

Even the best laid plans can go wrong and where did i ever mention world beaters.I think we can all be guilty of thinking the grass is greener elsewhere unfortunatly i didnt get what i hoped for so ive gone back to what i know works.Like the old saying goes if it aint broke dont try to fix it.
  • Like 2

no axe to grinde here just wondering what happened with all those plans and world beaters.

Even the best laid plans can go wrong and where did i ever mention world beaters.I think we can all be guilty of thinking the grass is greener elsewhere unfortunatly i didnt get what i hoped for so ive gone back to what i know works.Like the old saying goes if it aint broke dont try to fix it.

here here !