Estate cars

I am going to change my car after christmas - its got to be big enough for the family (my two teenage lads are feckin taller than me) and its got to have a good load space for the usual family stuff , days out with the dog and camping in summer.

I was looking at a Renault Laguna tdi (got to be a diesel) has anyone got one of these and if so whats it like.

I would welcome opinions on similar estates - Mondeo, Vectra , etc. :signthankspin:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vauxhall astra diesel estates are a good drive, economical to run and cheap to buy..

The best estate car we ever had, loads of room, very cheap to run, and parts from any scrap yard,- also very reliable. :victory:

I'd go for the mondeo estate my dad has one which he uses as his taxi so it does alot of miles and hes had very little problems with it. He reckons the new ones are great and they certainly go some. Joe

mondeo estate cheap and good cars av had 3 of them and will be getting another one once av killed my citroen c5 estate hdi the citroen does 50 mpg has good engine but everything else on it is shit apart from the suspension can ajust high for rough roads great for farm tracks,but the citroen is cheap

Vauxhall astra diesel estates are a good drive, economical to run and cheap to buy..

Ians right, I had a astra diesel estate before the laguna, 55mpg and cheap but not as comfy as the laguna and i've driven the others but prefered mine. Astra lacked towing power which I found out with a caravan on the back near Buxton when we started going backwards on a hill :icon_eek: A friend has a subaru forrester, wow, like a rocket.......

P.S Does anyone know what a LWB shogun gets per gallon?