I'm with Fellpack on this....used to use Vitalin on the sheepdogs back home, and any other working dogs, hot water and an oxo cube mixed in....it'll be as good nowadays if not better.

now i use squires and beaumont...Bilbo likes it and the distributers are just down the road so i can pick it up as and when...

ATB

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest busterdog

Over the years I reckon I've tried just about every dry dog food there is and the only one that kept the wieght on every dog in the yard was Bakers complete.

All the others seemed to be hit and miss, one dog would pile on the pounds but another would suffer and so on. The best way I've found is to alternate between raw flesh and meal, every dog in the yard looks great on this type of diet.

CERTAINLY CANT BEAT RAW FLESH SEEN ME HAVE BIG LEG OF BEEF HUNG UP AND CUT LUMP OFF AND JUST DROP OVER INTO PEN NOT AS EASY TO GET HOLD OF NOW ALL DEPENDS WHAT WE GET IN KENNEL HORSE MEAT IS GOOD BUT DOESNT ARF MAKE TERRIERS FART sick.gif REGARDS DABCHICK

Something along the lines of this Dabber ?

009.jpg

clapper.gifclapper.gif

I need plenty of them to feed this lot

008.jpg

He's one you should like Dabs

013.jpg

Edited by busterdog

if u ring the number off the back of the eukanuba bag and ask to join the breeders club :whistling::whistling: just say u breed bout 4 litters a year u can get it £36 for 20 kilo bag depending on the work your dogs are doing you do notice a difference the lower cost meals are packed with bran rice to make the dog feel full, and enough fat and vitamins to keep a dog just about ticking over, i noticed with mine on the lower cost meals used to lose weight after a hard days graft u dont get that with the dearer meals because of the high fat content thats the most important thing for a running dog

Jamie,you cant educate people who dont want to learn mate.
  • 2 weeks later...

I notice a lot of you swear by Red Mills. I'm the opposite, fed it to my dogs once but never again. I noticed an increase in the amount they shit and it was coming out of them like cow pats, loose and green.no.gif

I have used Chudleys Greyhound and Chudleys Crunch aswell as Gain 28% and found them to be far better than the above, less shit and the dogs look better.thumbs.gif

Red Mills is very protein rich, I had that problem for a wee while until I got the feeding amount just right, was the same with chudleys but I can't say for gain as I've never used it.

As for somebody mentioning eukanuba being higher in fat and better for the dog get yourself to the butcher, they will never have a shortage of fatty bits of meat and they'll be happy to give it to you, I could get bags of the stuff everyday if I wanted, I only feed it in the odd time, but I put in meat too whenever I can get it.

Dry feed is absolute crap, period. Over cooked balls of nothing. I am very surprised most of you consider any dry feed to be good or better than another. Dogs are carnivores and FLESH is the only way to feed. Your killing your dog slowly with them dry sacks of useless calories. For sure a teenage human will survive well on macdonalds and KFC through out his teenage years and look healthy, when he hits his 30’s a multitude of illnesses and over weight issues will ensue. Just like your dog, he would look well on tree bark and motor oil in his younger years . When the middle age years hit, the truth of what a dog is fed will come to the surface with a multitude of problems. Don’t believe me, try it out. If you are a believer of dry feed and have a number of dogs, run a dog on with flesh and a few added vitamins, along side a dog that’s fed from a paper bag. The difference is night and day.

Dry feed is absolute crap, period. Over cooked balls of nothing. I am very surprised most of you consider any dry feed to be good or better than another. Dogs are carnivores and FLESH is the only way to feed. Your killing your dog slowly with them dry sacks of useless calories. For sure a teenage human will survive well on macdonalds and KFC through out his teenage years and look healthy, when he hits his 30’s a multitude of illnesses and over weight issues will ensue. Just like your dog, he would look well on tree bark and motor oil in his younger years . When the middle age years hit, the truth of what a dog is fed will come to the surface with a multitude of problems. Don’t believe me, try it out. If you are a believer of dry feed and have a number of dogs, run a dog on with flesh and a few added vitamins, along side a dog that’s fed from a paper bag. The difference is night and day.

Sorry, have to diagree with you their matey.

A good friend of mine, has 2 whippet crosses, both excellent workers that are worked nearly every night threw the season and when the moon is out worked most days ferreting, digging ect.

One bitch, is 9, the other dog, is 11, they both work like 2 year olds.

Now, he feeds them rabbit, about twice a week and the rest, he feeds them Gain greyhound food.

They look very fit, great coats, muscle tone ect and can go all day, no joke, i have seen these 2 dogs work a lot of times over the years.

Personally, i think their is nothing rong with a good brand of complete food. :thumbs:

Dan.

Guest AngelicAcid

Out of all the dry nive tried, only 2 were any good, vitalin creael, yellow bag, and vitalin gold.

there was another no name bag, bag for a tenner, barely owt passed throught them,

Ive just trying sneyds wonderdog with raw, as my raw has went right up in price again.

• 3 weeks later...

I always fed my lurcher raw tripe and chicken but then my supplier stopped selling it so i went over to dry food.

I must say i am really surprised, my bitch is looking in better condition and has more energy than at any time in her life, she is fed almost entirely on Beta Active.

I some know people are especially anal about feeding, epecially the BARF fascists but i really wonder if it really is such a big deal.

I have never seen any evidence and only heard here-say to try and back up the raw meat cause.

Saying that i could not argue that raw is best but i would not be so smug as to look down on kibble feeders.