dewclaw or not dewclaw

Guest stewie

i prefer them off they can be ripped off while running as an adult and the dog is out for abit so if you get them off as pups your reducing the risk of a needless injury

what are peoples views on removing dewclaws from puppies and has it any disadvantages for longer legged running dogs, all opions please

well i would say take off, i ve had some dogs with them, and no probs.But the dog i have now as still got them, and one got ripped off, and it was sore for him for 2-3 weeks. So if i was going to breed pups, i would take them off when very young, save all the hassle when older.???????

Never had a dog with them removed and luckily have not had much agro with them. Very flinty ground here and more trouble with cut pads than dew claws. Saying that I have only ever had lightwieght dogs under 23 in. But I have always clipped my dogs dews short.

lurchers due claws grow back [bANNED TEXT] they get took off as pups

Sorry mate but they dont if removed correctly.Ive got the living proof here . atb stabba

how old is your dog ive known dogs to grow them back from about 6 to 8 years and ive also known lurchers and terriers to grow due claws on there back legs in later life