hello

are raw eggs a good form of protien for lurchers or any dogs for that matter, im trying to put a bit of muscle on my dog and just wanting a bit of advice from you guys.i use a food that has 28% protien is this enough?

and what is the best excersize (apart from the long nights of lamping i do)

cheers

...................rabbit a close second ,beef of the lean variety for toning muscle.You will struggle to maintain a decent muscle tone on complete dry foods mate as the muscle requires more protein the harder it works and dogs are not able to access all protein types in dry food ,contrary to manufacturures claims .Raw protein is the muscle builder and maintainer .

To answer your question -Yes eggs are a good source of protein but in moderation,no more than one a day.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR ADVICE..

IVE ALSO SEEN A DRIED MEAT THAT HAS 60% PROTEIN IN IT BUT THINK IM GOING TO GO FOR THE CHICKEN AND EGGS IS THERE A CHEAP WAY OF DOING THIS..IVE HEARD OF BOIL IN THE BAG DOG CHICKEN!!!!!ANYONE RECOMEND A GOOD SUPPLIER COZ CHICKEN ISNT CHEAP AS WEW KNOW IT.

CHEERS AGAIN

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR ADVICE..

IVE ALSO SEEN A DRIED MEAT THAT HAS 60% PROTEIN IN IT BUT THINK IM GOING TO GO FOR THE CHICKEN AND EGGS IS THERE A CHEAP WAY OF DOING THIS..IVE HEARD OF BOIL IN THE BAG DOG CHICKEN!!!!!ANYONE RECOMEND A GOOD SUPPLIER COZ CHICKEN ISNT CHEAP AS WEW KNOW IT.

CHEERS AGAIN

Feed it RAW diet :thumbs-up:

Will be feeling/looking better than it has in a long time...well most do no danger! :thumbs-up:

• 2 weeks later...

I find feeding raw minced beef, chicken saddles, turkey necks and rabbits are the best to keep your dogs in good condition. Also chopped up raw vegetables mixed into their meals is very good along with a little cod liver oil daily. Never cook! your dogs food as you will be taking out most of the goodness and proteins which your dogs need.

Muddy. :)

• 3 weeks later...
hello

are raw eggs a good form of protien for lurchers or any dogs for that matter, im trying to put a bit of muscle on my dog and just wanting a bit of advice from you guys.i use a food that has 28% protien is this enough?

cheers

Scotty,the best way to give eggs is after hard work, crack two in a cup ,fill the cup with boiling water stand for about a minute,until the whites develop,drain off the excess watwer and add to meal,this method doesnt interfere with the biotin in the dogs intestine,as it destroys the biotin in the eggs,and also makes it more digestiblethe eggs will help in muscle protein rebuilding ,lost by hard work.Inan

Guest Top Chalker

Scotty,the best way to give eggs is after hard work, crack two in a cup ,fill the cup with boiling water stand for about a minute,until the whites develop,drain off the excess watwer and add to meal,this method doesnt interfere with the biotin in the dogs intestine,as it destroys the biotin in the eggs,and also makes it more digestiblethe eggs will help in muscle protein rebuilding ,lost by hard work.Inan

Thats a good bit of info inan,

hello

cheers

CHEERS FOR THAT INAN,,WILL TRY THAT ONE OUT

NICE ONE

to get muscle on your hound trott him alongside the bike, and take addvice about the feeding from the lads on here. Stan.

CHEERS STAN

why would you wana o.d you dog on proteins..are you trying to make him something he/she isent are you not happy with him/her.. good old road walking and decent grub..thats all you need...

HELLO STEVE YES IM HAPPY WITH THE DOG,,JUST LOOKING FOR A BIT OF ADVICE ON FOOD AND WHETHER IM GIVING HIM THE RIGHT STUFF

CHEERS

• 2 weeks later...

,as it destroys the biotin in the eggs,

I think that was a slip of the typing finger, Inan, as it's the enzyme avidin that inhibits the absorbtion of biotin and is destroyed by cooking.

Hope everyone is having a great christmas......especially my friend Tommy, who tells me he has joined the ranks of the single handed coursers by breaking his wrist at the pre-christmas knees up. :drink: