I think its amazing how, with the simple use of spray paint and your almost red indian like camouflage abilities, you have managed to make that tin sheet almost invisible to the naked eye......I had to spend almost 45 minutes looking at that picture before I could spot it.

Your a legend Darcy!.....will you be my special friend?

:tongue2::boogie:

In the pic it hadnt been spray painted. :victory:

But i have invested heavily in various shades. By next year i reckon i wil have cracked it......

excuses,,excuses..darcy SORT THAT VERMIN OUT,,HAVE YOU FORGOTTON HOW TO DO IT.

p.s, get that barbel rod dusted down :icon_eek:

[/quote

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could try rebiulding the nest site out of a resin of some sort ,would be realy tough and would strenghten the rest around the site ,and would blend in better , keep it up lads you doing a good thing :toast:

No i think i just need to hide it corerectly away from prying eyes. That first sheet was on an old site where the bark had dropped away , but my second is just on the side of a tree , a living tree with no loose bark at all. They are just in their experimental stages at the mo, but i reckon by next year i will have it all sussed.

If they can't see it then they can't damage it! :victory:

I will keep you all informed and impraying no one finds the other nest site that has a treecreeper sat tight as we speak....One things for sure, theres only human beings that could get to her... :victory:

No i think i just need to hide it corerectly away from prying eyes. That first sheet was on an old site where the bark had dropped away , but my second is just on the side of a tree , a living tree with no loose bark at all. They are just in their experimental stages at the mo, but i reckon by next year i will have it all sussed.

I will keep you all informed and impraying no one finds the other nest site that has a treecreeper sat tight as we speak....One things for sure, theres only human beings that could get to her... :victory:

the greatest danger to our wildlife is vermin..and man.. any order you want..

tree creepers and the places they nest= tree rats, [[bANNED TEXT] chance] but hey ho how can we save em..

its to late mate ,spotted flycatcher top of the list will be gone within ten years or only hanging on in keepered areas.,gone are the days when me personaly could find them in local church yards or any quiet place.

pisses me of ..

i,ll get me coat..

keep up the good work.

i will defo do my bit..

you doing a good job anyway ,keep up the good work and keep us informed on how they get on ,good intresting post :)

Our council has just put up a load of boxes at the back of us.

One sort is designed for treecreepers it has two holes at the top and is wedge shaped and fits to the trunk trouble is they put them high up and the only treecreeper nests ive ever found have been under ten foot up i think the design looks cushty can see it everytime i look out the kitchen window nothing is using it yet tits were roosting in it a month ago watched them getting in at night but they havent nested in it atb.

Edited by blacktabs

One sort is designed for treecreepers it has two holes at the top and is wedge shaped and fits to the trunk trouble is they put them high up and the only treecreeper nests ive ever found have been under ten foot up i think the design looks cushty can see it everytime i look out the kitchen window nothing is using it yet tits were roosting in it a month ago watched them getting in at night but they havent nested in it atb.

That,s the council for you bud.God forbid they would have to pay someone who know,s the score and not spend the money on them self.Most likely some pen pusher decided were they should gothumbs.gif

Hi Blacktabs, those nest boxes are not often used by TC's. IMO.... :victory:

Hi Blacktabs, those nest boxes are not often used by TC's. IMO.... :victory:

I dont doubt it JD theres a couple of pairs about but they havent been near the box.

Think your onto a winner mate brilliant idea and easy to do youve definitely inspired me to have a go :thumbs: