• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will do matey :thumbs:

Catcher 1 your not wrong mate ;) ive noticed they have taken a great interest in wildlife these last few years plenty of spots they used to maintain are now running wild and loads of off cuts piled up cutbacks or planned im not sure but definitely good for the wildlife atb.

well done pal..think you should get yourself a good women though as the public may think you a little odd constantly creeping into the woodland,no doubt looking over your shoulder so no one is following with a camera in your hand. the wood around here have alot of tree creepers,not found a nest,probally because ive not looked but ive been trying to find a jays nest and failing.thought theyd be easy to find as theres 100's of them.

Earth, you dont have to worry about my marrtial status... :thumbs:

I would look for Jays in silver birches and willows mate, looks like a slightly bulkier pigeons nest and you can often see their tails as she sits tight... :victory:

I have found most 10-20 foot high, but they do, of course, nest higher and lower.

Earth, you dont have to worry about my marrtial status... :thumbs:

I would look for Jays in silver birches and willows mate, looks like a slightly bulkier pigeons nest and you can often see their tails as she sits tight... :victory:

I have found most 10-20 foot high, but they do, of course, nest higher and lower.

There isnt any silver birch or willow on the estates.

have a look in hawthorn if there is any earth thats were i find my jays :thumbs::thumbs:

They quite like tall rhododendron or laurel trees too

OTC

ive looked everywhere,cant find a jays nest although plenty of magpies which will get the special treatment in the form of a cartridge.

the amount of jays around here and i cant find a single nest :wallbash: