best small lurcher

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 beddy crosses 3rd night on the lamp  like any cross right breeding you won't go long with any cross 

your better with a small lurcher mate. straight whippets are good little dogs but if your gonna give it plenty of all round work your better to get a terrier cross whippet   Ozzy wheaten /whippet a

3/4 Whippet 1/4 Beddy...............

Posted Images

hi mate! this is my 3/4 whipp / 1/4 beddy bitch, 21". great at rabbitng and bushing, if youre going to get 1, get 1 about 20" to 21", enters the edges easy mate. a.t.b chris :thumbs:

CIMG0449.jpg

CIMG0448.jpg

CIMG0450.jpg

CIMG0416.jpg

CIMG0375.jpg

Edited by pipa
  • Like 3

Hi i know this is not my post and will prob sound stupid, but i've seen beddy's in oz and they have a curly coat. so how do the crosses get a long coat? the beddy's i've seen are pets. but what do they ad that a very good (hard working(bussy))terrier(Not staffy but poss staffy mix) not have? would a 3/4 whippet staffy poss, do the same job? but could poss go foxes aswell? i'm not trying to be smart i would really like to know myself. as i would like a small running bitch. thanks

hi mate! this is my 3/4 whipp / 1/4 beddy bitch, 21". great at rabbitng and bushing, if youre going to get 1, get 1 about 20" to 21", enters the edges easy mate. a.t.b chris :thumbs:

CIMG0449.jpg

CIMG0448.jpg

CIMG0450.jpg

CIMG0416.jpg

CIMG0375.jpg

cracking dog mate atb jenna

Thats a smashing looking bitch Pipa,has she done much for ya,,

thanks turbo and casso! shes 4 now, shes brilliant at what i want from her, great little bushing bitch, ideal for rabbitng or ferreting, and feather! :thumbs:

hi mate! this is my 3/4 whipp / 1/4 beddy bitch, 21". great at rabbitng and bushing, if youre going to get 1, get 1 about 20" to 21", enters the edges easy mate. a.t.b chris thumbs.gif

CIMG0449.jpg

CIMG0448.jpg

CIMG0450.jpg

CIMG0416.jpg

CIMG0375.jpg

Cracking bitch, looks like mine

post-27622-127307211096_thumb.jpg

post-27622-12730723042_thumb.jpg

get whippet will do all things a little lurcher will and do it better

your better with a small lurcher mate. straight whippets are good little dogs but if your gonna give it plenty of all round work your better to get a terrier cross whippet

Ozzy wheaten /whippet a first cross not as fast as the three quarter but handy allround rabbiting dog and never a sick day in his life

post-2078-127271640581_thumb.jpg

love it mate how big is it?has it done much?really liking these wheaten crosses

atb mexlad

post-2078-127271644493_thumb.jpg

CIMG0449.jpg

CIMG0448.jpg

CIMG0450.jpg

CIMG0416.jpg

CIMG0375.jpg

cheers for advice. just thought i would let you know i pick my pup up on sunday it is 1/4 beddy 1/8 greyhound 5/8 whippet. mother is 22" father is 19" so hope the pup will be about 21"

Straight whippet dog pup

ideal size,game, good nose.fast

You forgot to mention that they tire quickly, and that in harsh conditions they stand their looking like a piece of jelly, shivering and cowering behind the nearest cover.. Get a beddy x pal, if you want an all year dog. Plus they are hardy for fells and rocks, you go work a whippet on rough bolder stone ground, and you'l be nurseing it more that hunting it pal...

Or even look at at a beddy grey mate, with a touch of collie in it, you will get everything you want and more..

post-17284-127330629261_thumb.jpg

post-17284-12733063054_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Sounds like you've brought the exact same cross as mine! Beddy whippet and a splash of grey, fantastic little rabbit dog, very focused and constantly switched on, excellent nose, good stamina, a pleasure to train and work. :thumbs:

46-10.jpg

84-3.jpg

89-2.jpg

• Like 2