good rabbiting dogs

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my bitch still young but catches rabbits with ease very good on the bigger rabbits two   saluki/whippet/grey 1/8 irish terrier 24tts

here pic of the dog bird.

Posted Images

colliexgrey, great rabbit dog day+night. :thumbs:

ye you cant beat a good half cross i like your dog bird did you breed him yourself?

A lad bred him ,not far from me staffs. the dam 26in 60lb 1000yds grey to a 21in farm collie.The greyhound been lamping, the border collie work cattle+sheep, both good dogs. Bryn had great season caught loads of rabbits :thumbs: . i would say he is my best lamping dog so far :thumbs:

Bryn

msg-6933-1271070962.jpg

msg-6933-1271070938.jpg

post-6933-1267188133.jpg

b2-1.jpg

Bryn2harespartridgepheasantsdec0-2.jpg

16-1.jpg

great rabbit dog :thumbs:

have to agree a good collie x grey you cant beat them. Bird do you have any pics of our dogs sire and dam? would be great to see them cheers

Hi mate, no pics, but the dam greyhound was black, and the sire border collie was tri-colour. Ive said the size's already.! How is your dog, you had a good season. :thumbs: Ray

ye you cant beat a good half cross i like your dog bird did you breed him yourself?

is he quick off the mark for daytime rabbits mate?

Hi mate, he was bred local by a lad by me. Yes he is very quick of the mark,there is a few on here that have seen him run, and he fast for a 1x colliexgrey. He as good wind and great agilty, he really dont miss much.

Hi mate, he was bred local by a lad by me. Yes he is very quick of the mark,there is a few on here that have seen him run, and he fast for a 1x colliexgrey. He as good wind and great agilty, he really dont miss much.

id believe it, he really looks well. a good collie is hard to beat,he looks durable too, youl get a good few seasons out of him id say(injury wise).with half working collie he must have great recovery.does he ever stalk on the lamp ?how many runs in a night roughly could he do comfortably?

A lad bred him ,not far from me staffs. the dam 26in 60lb 1000yds grey to a 21in farm collie.The greyhound been lamping, the border collie work cattle+sheep, both good dogs. Bryn had great season caught loads of rabbits :thumbs: . i would say he is my best lamping dog so far :thumbs:

Bryn

msg-6933-1271070962.jpg

msg-6933-1271070938.jpg

post-6933-1267188133.jpg

b2-1.jpg

Bryn2harespartridgepheasantsdec0-2.jpg

16-1.jpg

great rabbit dog :thumbs:

One of the nicest collie lurchers i've seen. QUALITY.

id believe it, he really looks well. a good collie is hard to beat,he looks durable too, youl get a good few seasons out of him id say(injury wise).with half working collie he must have great recovery.does he ever stalk on the lamp ?how many runs in a night roughly could he do comfortably?

his best night was 27 from 30, does 20's most times, good wind i think. He runs straight down the beam, dont stalk. With alot of colliexgreys as they get older ,some might pick there runs.Blaze my last colliexgrey never did, and Bryn dont so i might be lucky so far.? but you never know do you.

Blaze good fox+rabbit dog. :thumbs:

blaze-1.jpg

his best night was 27 from 30, does 20's most times, good wind i think. He runs straight down the beam, dont stalk. With alot of colliexgreys as they get older ,some might pick there runs.Blaze my last colliexgrey never did, and Bryn dont so i might be lucky so far.? but you never know do you.

Blaze good fox+rabbit dog. :thumbs:

blaze-1.jpg

fairplay to you,2 good dogs,yea hopefully bryn keeps it up and dont pick the runs in time.blaze is in great nick.would you like the three quater bred collie/greys or would you rate the straight cross more highly?