Little tour of my Paddock

Hey Guy's n Doll's heres a quick tour of my Paddock Permission for you :D

Decided that yesterday (Thursday) was a nice enough day to go and batter some quarry. Or at least try given the other days performance :whistling:

So at about 13:00 I gathered some kit, sun was shining, figured, I would travel reasonably light. Gun, Bivvi bag, pellets, gloves hat and something to make my hide (poncho and a couple of fishing rod-rest's).

Got to the Paddock and was amazed to find that someone had been up there and trashed the place, the Feeder Box had been chained to a vehical and pulled from its position and toppled over, the Caravan had also been ripped from its place and smashed to pieces :shock:

I hadn't been up there the night before, but everything was fine and dandy the day before that :yes:

I let Mark (who gave me the permission) know but, he told me he already knew about it, but he thanked me for taking the time out to let him know.

He had been down earlier that day and decided that after the theft of the pony tailer and other things that had happened he had decided to keep his horses elswhere (where he has had them all winter) and was terminating his rental agreement with the landlord.

This of course means that I will loose my permission with effect from this sunday :cry:

He did say that he had already informed the landlord that I shoot there and he will try to get me a new permission slip signed by that particular gentleman :)

So wish me good fortune :yes: with that, or I'm back to boppin bunnies in the Cemetery; With no chance of a woody, corvid or any other quarry :cry:

This is the Carnage that greeted me.

2prh5e1.jpgt4uzp2.jpg25q811c.jpg

Fecking Vandals.

For some reason there were multiple vehical tracks running the entire perimiter of the paddock. So now thanks to some f'king :wanker04: I could well lose my most productive permission. B :censord: d's

Anyways, back to my afternoon :D I had a wander around and decided that today, for a change I was going to set up my ambush point that overlooks 2 warrens and numerous runs in and out of both the old ladies garden and orchard as well as my entrance to the cemetery and part of the unused allotments (these are covered by my cemetery permission).

I just had to make sure that no pellet went into either the orchard or the garden :yes: which was a fairly easy task as I was in a shoot downhill position so any stray pellet would enter the soil in the paddock.

This is my Hide as I see it:

2yzio9i.jpg

This is my hide as bunny sees it:

169osp0.jpg

Due to the Orchard and the old ladies Garden, I limited myself to this as my field of fire.

w0qdmh.jpg
w0qdmh.jpg

The white spot against the fence is my Zero target on my portable backstop. The bull is a sticker just a little bit larger than the 01 pence coin.

This is a panaramic view showing the West-north-west view. The busy A63 is only a hundred meters away.

The Brough Sliproad is a mater of a few feet to the left!

2ezhdeq.jpg

This is the panaramic view of the permission looking to the East-north-east

The cemetery is behind the large tree towards the middle.

Looking to the right, you can see the old School where my wife and youngest daughter were schooled.

voo4ye.jpg
voo4ye.jpg

After spending the afternoon with the wind changing direction from comming towards me, to blowing sideways, the wind finally settled; blowing my scent directly towards the warren and the runs

:doh: Thats all I need aint it? I hadn't really noticed it blowing for a good while, but I'm figuring this is why I've not seen any cotton tails apart from the ones behind me at the far side of the paddock and some over towards the main road.

I remembered in one of my pockets, I still had a part used bottle of Shootmore, ummm... Not much left, but gotta be worth a try. I was determined I was NOT going home without a bunny :no:

It was now dark and the cotton tails were staying well away from this well used area :(

Eventually I chucked the last remaining shootmore over my back and over my hat so the wind would take the scent towards the runns and warrens and hopefully cover my own scent. Most of you know I've had some good results in the cemy with this, so figured I'd give it a go here. Sure enough, after another 10 minutes, out pops a bunny, I flick my lamp on with the red filter and watch the red jewel head north towards the old ladies garden.

Just as quick another jewel was spotted immediately in front of me, but alas, behind the fence in the orchard. Then slightly to my right out pops bunnies number three and four, they were bouncing up and down, playing tag or something and I just watched them head south out of my range (couldn't have gotten a shot with them moving so quickly).

Then just behind the fence leading to the cemetery, I saw a red jewel.

It was very low and I could just make out the head, but no body. It was sitting in the hole that RiffRaff had stood in a few weeks ago nearly breaking his ankle, (turned out to be a new warren entrance).

I watched through the scope until it took a few bounds and the entire body was visible. I knew the fence was in front of my zero by a good few feet and I estimated the hole to be about 5 yards behind the fence.

Thinking the bunny was still in close to the warren entrance I aimed the crosshair exactly between the eye and the ear, figuring if I have the range wrong it was going to do the damage to the kneck (due to the way it was sat almost upright) or if its too close the pellet is going to go over its head and hit the tree behind.

I steadied myself, took up 1st stage and continued trough the second.

Click, phutt, thud!

Keeping my eye to the scope I saw the yewel Jump about a foot and a half into the air and the bunny landed sideways.

I wandered over only to find the bunny was indeed further than I had estimated, but in the few seconds it took me to get there, bunny was no longer breathing :D The pellet had dropped about an inch, entered the kneck and severed the spinal column :clapper: Just as I had planned. Bunny was dead before its nervous system launched it into the air :D SWEET

Heres my Trophy shot of the bunny shot from about 40 yards

2hek3zl.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the little tour and the pix.

Phantom

Edited by Phantom
  • Like 1

hi ya buddy

sorry to hear that about your permission matey :( and good luck to find more buddy :thumbs: you are more than welcome to pop down for a days shoot here with me buddy :thumbs: and great write up to :thumbs: cracking pictures as well it's ashame that people think it's fun to destroy other people property aint it matey no wonder the bloke has had enough after seeing them pictures i can see why he aint happy pal

shay

Got to the Paddock and was amazed to find that someone had been up there and trashed the place, the Feeder Box had been chained to a vehical and pulled from its position and toppled over, the Caravan had also been ripped from its place and smashed to pieces :shock:

Dont lie lol you jus stumbled upon a jippo camp and thought it would be nice to show us all :clapper::clapper::victory:

Looked a nice place to shoot, wouldent feel to safe lamping up there with those mugs about even though il be the one holding the gun

Richard

Hi, Great write and pics mate.

Hope you have a bit of luck and keep your permission,

I'm just starting out with air riles, I need your stories and pics to show me how it's done. LOL

Cheers Carl

P.S Which gun light is that?

Edited by gringo40

Thanks Guy's

Gypsie Camp, nah way too tidy :tongue2:

Carl, thats my Baby :yes:

She's an Air Arms S200 in .22 Cal, Modified AA Silencer crowned with my Kassaner 3 - 9 X 56mm Scope and on top of that she wears my Ultrafire Cree 300 Lumens LED 7.2Volt lamp.

Phantom

Nice shooting Tony!

Seems to me like a revenge attack for the guy claiming back what was originally his!

Hope it works out for you mate and you get the new ticket signed!

Darryl

Thanks Darryl,

I also think that is the case, but unless it's reported to the Police and the tyre treads are matched to whoevers vehical they belong to, were not going to find out.

I was hoping to be there all day today from early til late, but I've been asleep most of the day :censored: Think its the new meds :whistling:

So now I'm thinking of maybe going out after midnight and staying till dinner time tomorrow.

Maybe then I may bag some Corvids :gunsmilie:

Phantom

Hi Tony.

Thanks for the tour buddy, look's good.

Enjoyed the read,.... well the happy bit's that is.

Nice shot on the bunny buddy :thumbs:

Hope you get to keep the Paddock......fingers crossed for you :thumbs:

Look's like they stripped the Caravan for its metal?

ATB.

Bill.

Hi Bill,

Never thought of that :icon_redface:

I would have thought if they had been afterany stuff of value, they would have also taken the big petrol mover from under the awning.

That and a few more of the valuable items were still there. Think Mark will have taken them today, he said he will be torching all the stuff that he doesn't want. Hoping to meet up with him there tomorrow.

Come to think of it I'm hoping to do some very early morning bunny bashing tomorrow as well :D

Take care

Phantom

Hi Bill,

Never thought of that :icon_redface:

I would have thought if they had been afterany stuff of value, they would have also taken the big petrol mover from under the awning.

That and a few more of the valuable items were still there. Think Mark will have taken them today, he said he will be torching all the stuff that he doesn't want. Hoping to meet up with him there tomorrow.

Come to think of it I'm hoping to do some very early morning bunny bashing tomorrow as well :D

Take care

Phantom

Good luck for the morning mate :thumbs: