i just read this week's cmw and realised i've just spent 2quid to read an article that was the biggest blow of hot air up someones own a#se i have ever seen!!!! :wallbash: how does the cmw justify a halfpage spread on a guy who just goes on about how good his dog is and how he can only be likened to chippers nell! is this crap only impressing teenagers and the impressionable?! After something like the above is usually mentioned an offer like " come and see how good the dog is" or "what can your dog do?" but the point is why brag and call your dog a "potfillers dream" is it in some attempt to get a better price for pups or get more stud fees possibly??? :hmm: FFS lots of boys have good dogs but they don't self publicise their own dogs! most of the decent ones don't anyway!

please i welcome your thoughts?

cheers

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just read this week's cmw and realised i've just spent 2quid to read an article that was the biggest blow of hot air up someones own a#se i have ever seen!!!! :wallbash: how does the cmw justify a halfpage spread on a guy who just goes on about how good his dog is and how he can only be likened to chippers nell! is this crap only impressing teenagers and the impressionable?! After something like the above is usually mentioned an offer like " come and see how good the dog is" or "what can your dog do?" but the point is why brag and call your dog a "potfillers dream" is it in some attempt to get a better price for pups or get more stud fees possibly??? :hmm: FFS lots of boys have good dogs but they don't self publicise their own dogs! most of the decent ones don't anyway!

cheers

cmw is total shite and the fools writing in it know F all about proper lurcher and terrier work,its only use is to line the bottom of a bird cage,EDRD is a decent mag if you want something to read.

The guy your on about is typp ratcher, to be honest mate he is a fountain of knowlage with things. ive spoken to him today (dont no the bloke personaly) just wanted some info and askin on here you get your head bitten off. he seems realy down to earth and by christ he could talk a glass eye to sleep. but all he says is very useful. People have followed his dogs progress for a while.

cheers

cmw is total shite and the fools writing in it know F all about proper lurcher and terrier work,its only use is to line the bottom of a bird cage,EDRD is a decent mag if you want something to read.

yeah i read edrd and know an article with crap like that wouldn't be entertained!

The guy your on about is typp ratcher, to be honest mate he is a fountain of knowlage with things. ive spoken to him today (dont no the bloke personaly) just wanted some info and askin on here you get your head bitten off. he seems realy down to earth and by christ he could talk a glass eye to sleep. but all he says is very useful. People have followed his dogs progress for a while.

he might be a very nice guy but the article does read like ,i have the best dog,arri is sh#t hot even after injury blah blah........ i don't think you learn anything from the article and its just a free advert, if he is so knowledgable why doesn't he write about things to look for in dogs or suggest things to do not just go on about how good his dog is?! this isn't even about him its about the crap they publish week in week out

cheers

:clapper: :clapper: well said mate its like the certain people on here who write books about there dogs just to make money and a false fanbase!! just because a dog is in a book does not make it any better than any other dog

ive had the cmw for years and to be honest i dont know why i get it any more,i think its just habit the edrd is a far superior magazine,i did think he was blowing his dog up far to much in the arris return article and the other writers in there are boring as hell mediocre articles,Penny taylor rambles on every week,the fella Kirk cameron i have no idea how he has got to write articles in the countrymans he just potters about with a plummer terrier in his articles telling us how the dog marks here and the dog marks there and oh he catchs a single rat how the hell is that a good read every week then every now and then you get dross of David hancock,i think they need to have a big shape up in that magazine or they will start losing alot of readers they need knew writers 100%

regards hedz

definatly edrd is better nothin worth readin apart from the classifieds lol an even then you get ripped off by mugs sellin dogs that arent what they say they are as my mate found out me however dont trust no f****r so dont get let down atb

my misses picked up this weeks copy cause it was the lurcher special and she got all funny when I asked if she had dropped some pages out of it there weren't much of f**k all about lurchers in there well at least not 2 quids worth :thumbdown:

right im gonna be honest here about edrd. i had it for years ive even wrote in the readers write section a few times and i used to love it as a couple of hrs escape from everyday life but when david harcombe started going on and on about the goverment,the ban and halal slaughter etc it just made me depressed so i didnt renew my subs!! i no what he is getting at but its a dog magazine and should be kept that way. in no way am i knocking dave he has forgotten more than i no about terriers ill fully admit that he is a legend in his own right but his moaning just got to much for me :thumbs:

right im gonna be honest here about edrd. i had it for years ive even wrote in the readers write section a few times and i used to love it as a couple of hrs escape from everyday life but when david harcombe started going on and on about the goverment,the ban and halal slaughter etc it just made me depressed so i didnt renew my subs!! i no what he is getting at but its a dog magazine and should be kept that way. in no way am i knocking dave he has forgotten more than i no about terriers ill fully admit that he is a legend in his own right but his moaning just got to much for me :thumbs:

his "moaning" as you call it is because he is not one of the sheep who blindly obey fools in government.he has the balls to stand up and be counted.